Single Six muzzle crown or lack there of

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Acorn

Buckeye
Just picked up a used stainless SIngle Six. Last night I realized there is no crown on the muzzle. Just a small chamfer at the bore. Not radiused, flat. Anybody else seen this? I guess it could be a Bubba barrel shortening job but it doesn't look like a hacksaw job and no lathe marks so......

would really have to see a picture but having seen MANY, the 22 muzzle on the Ruger is basically flat with a slight bevel on the outside and an even "slighter" ( less) bevel on the inside...........unlike a Colt that is rounded.........

gunzo

Hunter
Many types of crowns. Radioused, 90%, 11% , recessed, etc, etc.

The Single Six isn't a target gun & can usually shoot better than most can shoot it. Me included.

Maybe bubba maybe not, but it will probably shoot just fine. Try that first.

Acorn

Buckeye
Really I'm just wondering if it's factory. Looks weird just a flat muzzle. Reminds me of my little Shih Tzu. Can't wait to get to the woods to try it out. C'mon Spring!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
All Ruger SA muzzles are flat with slight chamfers as Dan posted above. Most likely factory unless the barrel length is non-standard.

Ruger muzzles:

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

s4s4u

Hunter
I guess it could be a Bubba barrel shortening job but it doesn't look like a hacksaw job and no lathe marks so......

If it's been shortened you may be able to tell by the location of the billboard, if it's closer to the muzzle.