Single Six Multi Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
One of my friends worked sporting goods at the local Fred Meyer store. He told me of the woman from Delta Jct. who was looking for a gun for walking around in the brush. She chose an 8 3/8" 500 S&W Magnum, and he said she definitely looked like she could handle it.

A

Anonymous

I see so many violations of gun safety in my local gunshop/indoor range It amazes me.
On the range it's required ear and eye protection, and all the shooters I have run into on the range so far are safe shooters.
But I always wonder when I look up and see bullet holes in the ceiling tiles right over top of the bays ... makes ya wonder.
Thnk goodness the range is built underground and to the side of the actual store.

The other day I was in the store, and a woman who looked to be in her 60's was asking about a Ruger LCR with a crimson trace grip. She actually asked "What's this here laser thingy for and does it need batt'ries?"

The salesman patiently explained the features to her, showing her the laser on the ceiling and explaining how it would have to be sighted in then hands her the revolver.
She grabs it, immediately sticks her finger in the trigger guard ON the trigger, then proceeds to muzzle sweep me and the rest of the patrons while she gawks at the thing.
As I'm ducking and dodging, the gunsmith (ex military) at the counter behind me starts chuckling and we both exchange knowing looks as he says "You get used to it."

Maybe he is used to it, but I prefer to stay out of the way of those "unloaded" weapons, so I now shop and shoot there when the parking lot is darn near empty.

Latest posts