Single-Six Lightweights in "American Rifleman"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The May issue of the "American Rifleman" magazine features a wonderful article on page 92, by Don Findley, covering the Ruger Lightweight Single-Six revolvers.

Excellent detail and history.

Thanks, Don!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

radicalrod

Hunter
Just got done reading the article...Nice job Don :!: :!: :!:

You just made buying a light weight more expensive :lol: :lol: :lol: and harder....

Now everyone will want one :wink: :wink: :wink: RR

I displayed the Light Weights in both the RCA Show in Boise & in Ogden @ The Utah Gun Collectors Assn. show this winter & I can not count the people that came up to me and said, "I did not know Ruger made these Single-Six's". Rare to Very Rare Short Guns! J/S

contender

Ruger Guru
I read it last night as well. Once again,, Don has done a great job. Glad I already own a few,,,! Most recently,, a boxed Tri-Color. (Thanks Bill!)

street

Hunter
The only thing that over shadows Don's knowlege of Rugers is Don himself. He is one of the true gentlemen of Ruger collecting. When I first started Ruger collecting Don always treated me with respect no matter how stupid my questions were. He always was polite and courteous, and if you ever traded guns with him you were treated the same way. Good job Don.

americal

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
The May issue of the "American Rifleman" magazine features a wonderful article on page 92, by Don Findley, covering the Ruger Lightweight Single-Six revolvers.

Excellent detail and history.

Thanks, Don!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
+ Americal :) :)

radicalrod

Hunter
What you didn't display #47 I traded you :? :? :?

Why when Mrs radical goes to TULSA with me I ask Mr Findley to stay away....I am afraid she might go home with him....and so is he :lol: :lol: :lol: RR

radicalrod said:
What you didn't display #47 I traded you :? :? :?

Why when Mrs radical goes to TULSA with me I ask Mr Findley to stay away....I am afraid she might go home with him....and so is he :lol: :lol: :lol: RR

Serial # 200047 is the 2nd Light Weight from the Left of the Display Because #200069 shipped before #200047, then the next 3 Guns on the Board were Serial #200082, #200083, & #200084.
It was a fun display that had alot of people asking questions.

street said:
The only thing that over shadows Don's knowlege of Rugers is Don himself. He is one of the true gentlemen of Ruger collecting. When I first started Ruger collecting Don always treated me with respect no matter how stupid my questions were. He always was polite and courteous, and if you ever traded guns with him you were treated the same way. Good job Don.

and my wife used to bake him cookies!! :roll:

Great job Donnie!! :wink:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey did Donny, mention the SINGLE SIXES serial numbered in the LIGHT WEIGHT RANGE.....kinda rare...maybe more so than finding a LWAC :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
radicalrod said:
Hey did Donny, mention the SINGLE SIXES serial numbered in the LIGHT WEIGHT RANGE.....kinda rare...maybe more so than finding a LWAC :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

Reminds me of SN 244301, 5 1/2" NIB convertible, sold to a collector in Oregon 15 or so years ago. I still miss it........... 8)