Single Six Hunter question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GD1656

Single-Sixer
I looked at a used Single Six Hunter 17HMR , in excellent condition,w/o the scope rings,no box--asking price 350.00---what do you all think of price---i have some rings already are they good shooters? THANKS

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If it's worth that price to YOU, what else matters? Seriously, it might not be owrth it to me, but maybe because I have little interest in the .17 HMR. Then again, it could be considered a high price to me. regardless, I'm not the one comtemplating its purchase. ;)
I don't think it's a bad deal but certainly not a super bargain either. All depends on what it';s worth to YOU. :0

GD1656

Single-Sixer
The problem is that i had not even thought about getting one--my son has a 17hmr rifle-its fun but--- i just feel bad for it sitting in the case surrounded by all those autos----------i just wondered if they were hard to find ,how long they were made etc THANKS

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Here we go---he already has a safe full of my stuff as well as his own-half my tools etc .i guess one more wont hurt! Maybe he will let me borrow it!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Been buying firearms and tucking them away for my son (he's 8yo now) for a few years. Even if firearms aren't of big interest to him, he'll appreciate them.
Go ahead and buy it. maybe he'll take the initiative and buy a new safe just for your stuff. :)

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Either you know my son or work for a Fl. dealer ! My son is 32, a Fireman like me and is my best hunting partner---looks like i'll be going to the dealer tomorrow!!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Kudos! Sounds like there's more than reason to bring your son a new Ruger. :) here's an idea for either this one or a later one. Being a fireman, how about a NICE set of grips having some sort of emblem rather than the Ruger medallion made. Even not knowing him, I KNOW he'd appreciate that. 8)