Single Six Hunter owners input please?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Been wanting one for years, and am concerned that they may go the way of the MK2,Old Army, and large frame Vaqueros in favor of all the new Ruger rimfires being introduced. I've seen Single Six Hunter reviews that show astounding accuracy results. I love the 7.5 inch barrel, bead front sight, full solid rib and factory rings too. What are your accuracy results with good ammunition? I know it's not MK2 bull barrel category, but then they are totally different animals. Are the fit and finish special compared to a regular Single Six as some have claimed? I appreciate anyone sharing real world experience on this gun that recently hasn't seemed to see much press. Thanks as always, Don.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Thank you. I hope o buy a .22/.22 mag, since I have numerous other guns in these calibers. Are you pleased with the fit and finish? Don

paochow

Bearcat
I have hunters in both .17 hmr and .22, both of which are fitted with leupold 2x scopes. Both are capable of 1 in groups@ 25yds with most ammo, and can do .5 inch with ammo it likes. (Dynapoints and mini mags for 22lr). The fit and finish is very good, although my older .22 SSH seems to be a little nicer than the newer 17. I'd highly recommend one as it is one of my favorite guns.

keen one

Bearcat
I bought a used one last weekend. Have not shot it yet. Fit and finish is typical Ruger. Not a Camp Perry Colt but will last forever and see it's share of field time.

The front sight on the one I bought was slightly boogered so I'm looking to get a new one. None of the usual suspects catalogue it and Ruger tells me the No. 1 rifle sight will not interchange. (I've got a No. 1 sight in the mail so we'll see if they are correct : )

Buy all means this single action is one to have in your collection.

Birdawg

Bearcat
I got one a few weeks back as a companion to a SBH bisley. It fits nicely in the diamond d guide holster made for the bisley.
I have not been able to shoot it yet. At first I was disappointed that I cannot get firesights on the front, however, the v notch will work fine especially since it will not be a low light gun.

I will likely get a second one as a gift for my dad.

COYOTEHUNTER

Bearcat
Tallbald said:
Been wanting one for years, and am concerned that they may go the way of the MK2,Old Army, and large frame Vaqueros in favor of all the new Ruger rimfires being introduced. I've seen Single Six Hunter reviews that show astounding accuracy results. I love the 7.5 inch barrel, bead front sight, full solid rib and factory rings too. What are your accuracy results with good ammunition? I know it's not MK2 bull barrel category, but then they are totally different animals. Are the fit and finish special compared to a regular Single Six as some have claimed? I appreciate anyone sharing real world experience on this gun that recently hasn't seemed to see much press. Thanks as always, Don.

I have an old model single six 22 lr i can email you pics if you are interested. Im thinking of selling. Where are you in KY, Im near Hopkinsville.