Single-Six Hunter Accuracy Problems (long)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wisecane

Bearcat
I am much happier than I was, lol. I am going to keep shooting it. This gun doesn't have many rounds through it at all so I am going to give it every chance.

I like the red dot, but I want something with a smaller profile. I will probably put a Burris Fastfire on it to make the look a little sleeker.

The trick now is finding a good holster for it.

mindustrial

Single-Sixer
"....the gun was returned to me was about ten days and four days of that was wasted because the UPS man...." "Groups shrank to 1.5" to 2" inches "

That's impressive considering, it was a used gun, the gun was in working order but they took it back to make it more accurate, and the time it was at Ruger was minimal.

Glad they made it right; another company might suggest the gun was "within tolerance specs" and sent it back without doing anything.

wisecane

Bearcat
I agree, although I did point out in the enclosed letter to them that as this was the "Hunter" model, 3"-4.5" groups made it "unhuntable" lol.

I am thinking that my next pistol will be a SA 45 Colt/45 ACP convertible. I just wish they made one with a 6.5" barrel in stainless.