single six grip frames

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatcattowing

Bearcat
can someone tell me, will a 22cal. single six bisley grip frame, hammer, and trigger fit a single six 17 hmr hunter.
does look like it to me. thought i would ask the experts out there before i got into it to deep.........thank you..tom

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Like G2 posted, yes.

The mainspring, its strut, its spring perch, and all three pins will transfer over to the Bisley GF. The one additional thing you'll need is the hex head type screws to replace the top two grip frame screws.

G2

Hunter
Like Hondo44 posted,,,
OR
an appropriate donor gun. :shock: there has been a recent production run and could/should be considered,
as the Single Six Bisley Hammers seem to have dried up at Ruger. (the hard to find part)

Me, I like donors because you can usually get all the parts you need to do the build, and the swapped out parts can go back on the donor and sold off. In the end the out of pocket is much less. :wink:

flatcattowing

Bearcat
had a donor grip frame, job is done and gives a whole new meaning to 17 hmr hunter.........this only happened
because you guys were so helpful............thank you all very much...................tom