Single Six Differences?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texshad

Bearcat
I have a new model single six, 4 5/8 in barrel. As well as several other guns, some Rugers, some not. I was wondering about the major differences between the new and old model single sixes. Everyone seems to prefer the old models. I have been looking for one locally, but they are virtually non-existant. The 2 I found have been converted, so they are not good references.

Also I think I would like to find a bisley single six, were those made as old models? And were they ever made as convertibles? And could any OM single six be converted to a Bisley? What is involved if so? Thanks in advance for the info.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, the major differences in the OM's and the NM's are how sweet the action feels when you cock & shoot an OM. The NM with the safety transfer bar system,,,, just isn't as nice. They just feel "right" in the hands. Both types shoot quite well.
As for an Om in a Bisley. No, Ruger never made any. And to convert one,,, well, anything can be done,,, with enough money. Lots of differences in the parts of an OM vs a NM Bisley.
And yes, there are some OM convertables. 22/22 mag, 9mm/357 mag, 45 ACP/45 Colt.

If the old model Single Sixes you have found are "converted" there are usually a few " parts kits" to be found from time to time here on the Forum, guys usually have those 'handy' in the $65-75 range, maybe more with shipping...let us know

Latest posts