Single Six cylinder value ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
What is a pair of Stainless Single Six cylinders worth ?
One is in 22LR and the other is in 22 Magnum.
They are both in good condition.
The reason I ask, is that I am looking at using them in a trade and am not sure what they are worth.
So , what is a fair price for a pair of good condition stainless cylinders ?

rem58sport

Bearcat
Well you don't want to check out eBay sales then. I was just looking at sold LR and Mag cylinders this morning. Rough ones at $75, clean ones $145 and up. Several sold at upwards of $250, with box and bag. Those with accurate measurements bring a good price.

Just a data point.

contender

Ruger Guru
As you can see,, info shows prices all across the spectrum.

Sleezebay,, yes,, it seems to SOMETIMES get better money. But don't forget the fees & such. a seller doesn't get the final sale price.
Various gun sites like GunBroker are similar,, but not as "stupid" as sleezebay.

In general,, for trade value,, I'd look at around $100 each for them. Maybe a little more,, maybe a little less,, depending upon the other side of the trade.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
eBay costs LESS to sell on that it used to because they cut PayPal out of the deal. eBay just deposits money (minus commission) into your bank account. Most smaller items cost nothing to list (until it sells). I would for sure go that route after putting them up for a week or so on my "regular" forums first.

WAIT!

SOLD item prices tell me to rethink the advice above. I am seeing 22WMR cylinders in SS have sold for over $200 (4) and one for over $300 (this had 31 bids and ended three weeks ago). I only see one LR in SS and it was a no-sale at $160.

No one on a forum like this will pay that. Use eBay.

I would ask $125 for the LR and $175 for the WMR ... buy both for $250.

They're worth $100 each to me but I am not in the market.

I had to buy a WMR for a three-screw once and I paid more because of the age.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
There sure is a big difference in what they go for on gunbroker, and what they go for on ebay.
It does seem like they are go for twice the money on ebay. Not sure why. Even after the fees , you still come out ahead.
Anyway I passed on the trade and just paid cash.
Thanks for all the replies.