single six convertable

Help Support Ruger Forum:

No we did not KNOW that....

it seems like I've heard that some of the Mag cylinders were not sized exactly right.... gun smith or ruger might could help... or you could try just polishing the inside of the chambers with a dremel tool.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
a real good cleaning is first step, brass brush, emery cloth for a patch, shoot just long rifle, send cylinder to ruger, or?, sorry but a dremel is too scary for me! just me! if i used a dremel, i would need to dremel the barrel also! because now its a 32cal!__bedrockfred

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
I had one. I turned up a brass lap in the lathe added some fine polishing compound and after about 5 minutes it was done. Using a lap will preserve the integrity of the bore.

hpman66

Hunter
old knife buddy said:
shells go in fine its after firing there hard to get out

If the chambers are rough, after being fired, the case expands and the rough chambers will not release it easily.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
do some searching here, it works wonders for technical issues. Do not overlook the "rugersmithing" section.

Try some polishing compound with a brass, NOT stainless brush, as suggested. don't go too far, just get the chambers bright. Do not over-oil the gun, never the chambers except when storing it.

Also try various ammunition, as you could very easily have a rogue box of ammo, especially if you shoot the cheapo stuff. I think Federal now has some load with nickel-plated cases, which might be all the difference you need after a good cleaning.

You're in the right forum for advice, just be sure to detail your questions...!