Single Six Collectability

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I have a 3 screw 1972 Single Six which is missing the grip screw. Ruger won't send me one unless I send the pistol to them to have the safety transfer bar installed. Good idea or bad idea?

Chance

Buckeye
I personally would not have an old model converted for any reason. If all you need is a grip screw e-mail or pm your address and I will get one in the mail to ya.

street

Hunter
SingleSix1972":1wt4pm4b said:
I have a 3 screw 1972 Single Six which is missing the grip screw. Ruger won't send me one unless I send the pistol to them to have the safety transfer bar installed. Good idea or bad idea?

Ruger will only have a Stainless Steel Grip Screw, what you need is a Blue one. If a Stainless will work for you then tell Ruger that you have a new model Single-Six. Just use a serial number that starts with 62-XXXXX.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
Follow the advice above. Either get someone to send you one or get the stainless one from Ruger w/o shipping them the gun.
An easy fix w/o a trip to the factory.

chet15

Hawkeye
A pretty common part. There's a few parts guys that run the gun show circuit. Should be able to get one from there if somebody here on RF doesn't have one for you.
It surprises me Ruger won't send one to you. I know they are all aluminum now, but still..... :? Used to be that the only thing they wouldn't send out were parts that needed to be hand fitted, and even then, things like steel grip frames etc have been known to get out.
Chet15

308longdistance

Blackhawk
chet15":1c6zcjzf said:
A pretty common part. It surprises me Ruger won't send one to you. Chet15

Chad:

Ruger won't supply ANY parts for an Old Model that has not been converted, and verified by their records.

Been there.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, my, I must digress.

Dear friends and family of Ruger Forum, have y'all forgotten the 50th Anniversary Blackhawks?

168996396.jpg

The image above includes one of an ol' beater .357 Flattop s/n 636. For sure it was shipped with a black grip screw. Ah, but let's look at the the other two revolvers......

One's a 50th Anniv. .357 Blackhawk and the other is a .44 Blackhawk and, imagine that, both have "blued grip screws".

SingleSix1972,

Call Ruger and tell them you have a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk and you need a grip screw. If they ask for a serial number tell them you have two of them, one being s/n 870-00100 and the other is s/n 520-00100.

One simply must "play the game".....

flatgate

SingleSix1972":2jh3ooe1 said:
:shock:

I see grips with grip screws here on the forum all the time for sale cheap! Or have you asked for one in the classifieds. J/S

martyj

Blackhawk
What is the going price for a set of anniversary ones. I just about bought a set for 950.00 in display case.

street

Hunter
flatgate":5yfab9sk said:
Oh, my, I must digress.

Dear friends and family of Ruger Forum, have y'all forgotten the 50th Anniversary Blackhawks?

168996396.jpg

The image above includes one of an ol' beater .357 Flattop s/n 636. For sure it was shipped with a black grip screw. Ah, but let's look at the the other two revolvers......

One's a 50th Anniv. .357 Blackhawk and the other is a .44 Blackhawk and, imagine that, both have "blued grip screws".

SingleSix1972,

Call Ruger and tell them you have a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk and you need a grip screw. If they ask for a serial number tell them you have two of them, one being s/n 870-00100 and the other is s/n 520-00100.

One simply must "play the game".....

flatgate

Flatgate, You are correct. I forgot about the 50th anniversary models. There is also one other model that has the blue grip screw and that is the Lipsey's 44 Special model.

yep, I think the new ones are a bit 'shorter' as said above, I just got a pair of the new grips and this is 'shorter'...and the new model screws that are 'white' ( shiney) are 'stainless'. I know, my gunsmith used to 'darken' these to be used in the older guns guns...Dulite has a solution formula for darkening ( black?) stainless steel....sorry, my guy does NOT do it anymore, not enough call to justify having the "spare' tanks on hand ,and NO jobs to do...who wants to 'blacken' stainless steel?? duh............

Latest posts