Single Six Buntline with a 12" barrel! Photos Posted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCW64

Single-Sixer
For what it's worth, I called the factory early last week after I had seen it offered at auction. The nice woman at Ruger stated she didn't see where it had shipped with a 12" barrel and that Ruger didn't offer that length. Like most others that was exactly what I expected. The only reason I called is that the gun appeared to have its original finish with no wear and you just don't know. I was unaware of the "buntline" inscription on the barrel or I woudn't have bothered the Ruger ladies. It is a nice looking piece, and ought to be fun to shoot.

bearpa

Bearcat
Pictures, I hope!

Image34.jpg

Image32.jpg

Image31.jpg

Image30.jpg

Image29.jpg

I am pleased with it. Need to get to the range and try it out.

Bearpa

bearpa

Bearcat
I posted them like the photo bucket posting showed and it's not working. If someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong let me know.

Bearpa

bearpa

Bearcat
Thanks DMN, I sure do appreciate it. I'll let you know how it shoots.

bearpa

americal

Hunter
That is one nice custom single six 8) PERIOD --I have a 8 inch aftermarket micro sighted flatgate single six :) someone changed out barrel & sights in 1950,s those long barrels usually very accurate :!: :!:

chet15

Hawkeye
I've seen a 9-1/2" barreled Tri-Color Lightweight too. And it has an eagle logo rollmark on it. Figure that one out???
Would seem that the only way to make something like that would be by the factory...since they had the eagle logo rollmark...but supposedly it wasn't used until 1959.
This gun was probably sent back to the factory sometime after it was originally shipped for a new barrel, but was it????
Chet15