Single Six buntline Stainless?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ohiogunr

Bearcat
Did Ruger ever make the Single Six in Stainless steel with a 9 1/2 inch barrel? If so were they convertible to 22 mag? When were they made? :D
Ohiogunr

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Yes,, Ruger did make a 9-1/2" barreled stainless convertable Super Single-Six. Model KNR-9. They were made for a number of years. As far back as 1976 or there-a-bouts. To get an accurate date,, a serial number of the gun,, and a quick call to Ruger Records will give you a ship date.

ohiogunr

Bearcat
contender":153yzbza said:
Welcome to the Forum!
Yes,, Ruger did make a 9-1/2" barreled stainless convertable Super Single-Six. Model KNR-9. They were made for a number of years. As far back as 1976 or there-a-bouts. To get an accurate date,, a serial number of the gun,, and a quick call to Ruger Records will give you a ship date.

OOOHHHHH!!! Lake Lure! My favorite little slice of Heaven. How I wish I were there! We have had a timeshare at Fairfield Mountains for 30 years. I love it there. 26 inches of snow on the ground here and it's snowing like someone thinks we need more! Thanks for the reply. My son just obtained a three screw single six with a 9 1/2 inch barrel and I enjoyed shooting it so much that I thought if I could find a new model in stainless, I might like to have one. You take care of Lake Lure now. I wish I were sitting at one of those fine restaurants looking out at the lake right now!
TTFN
Ohiogunr :D :D :!:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,,, if you were to come here now,, you'd think you were at home. It's been cold,, & snowed a lot around here too. Not quite 26 inches at one time,, but it's snowed a bunch. Lots of wind,, trees down,, etc. I noticed you are from Ohio. One of my 1st cousins lives in Cleveland. He owns 3 houses in the area. One in Chimney Rock & 2 in Hendersonville.
Now,, if you enjoy shooting Rugers,,, I own a private range not too far from Larkins restaurant,,,!

ohiogunr

Bearcat
Ahh, Larkins and Point of View and whatever the Italian restaurant is down town by the Lake, all trigger fond memories of wonderful times past. When we started vacationing in Lake Lure the kids were just little. Now they are in their mid 30s. We would have moved down in your neighborhood but the kids (and even more importantly the GRANDKIDS) have jobs and families here and we don't want to leave without them. I have a little place in the country here with 12 acres, so when I can get outside (stinkin' snow) to walk around I can shoot whenever I want. Since retirement, money has been a little tight so I have not made it to as many Sass matches but do enjoy them when I can. What group do you shoot with, maybe when we get down that way I can bring my stuff and shoot. I have two 4 5/8" barreled Vaquero's in 45 colt and two 1872 colt poen top replicas made by Uberti that are my main match guns. An 1873 Uberti in 45 and a hammer double 12 ga. complete my Classic Cowboy shootin irons. Boy!! Blab Blab Blab! I shure am talkie. Better get to doing something, (thank heavens it's too dark to shovel snow). Been nice talkin with ya. Take care and have fun
TTFN
Wakatomika Creek Sass#28423
Ohiogunr :D

flatgate

Hawkeye
132835046.jpg

Shipped with one cylinder. "Star" marked in front of the trigger guard. Had it for around 20 years and it's a favorite shooter.

flatgate

ohiogunr

Bearcat
flatgate":27g2h69l said:
132835046.jpg

Shipped with one cylinder. "Star" marked in front of the trigger guard. Had it for around 20 years and it's a favorite shooter.

flatgate

BEAUTIFUL! :D

Flatgate, that is a nice looking revolver. I've never seen the stainless version before. There have been a few blued examples for sale around here near Chicago, but not very many.

contender

Ruger Guru
The "LaStrada" restaurant, overlooking the beach. Across the bay from my mom's house. I know it well. And I know what you mean about being able to shoot anytime,, I'm that way. But,, if there is a certain type of Ruger you'd like to try,, I might be able to accomidate. As far as SASS shooting,, I've been so busy in other areas,, I haven't been able to go to too many of the local matches lately either. The local club is the "Walnut Grove Rangers."
So,, if y'all get down this way,, & get ahold of me,, we can talk Rugers etc over a pizza or whatever!

flatgate":2z0yrlnv said:
132835046.jpg

flatgate

Hey flatgate,

Your front sight looks a little different from mine and the replacement Ruger sent me. What gives? I've also heard that the front sight for these should be shorter than the 'regular' front sight. True?

flatgate

Hawkeye
My front sight came on a "shooter grade" .357 Maximum cal. Blackhawk I found at a gun show.

Yes, in general the longer the barrel the shorter the front sight. I just happen to shoot better with tall front sights.

flatgate

ohiogunr

Bearcat
contender":1tjjdklm said:
The "LaStrada" restaurant, overlooking the beach. Across the bay from my mom's house. I know it well. And I know what you mean about being able to shoot anytime,, I'm that way. But,, if there is a certain type of Ruger you'd like to try,, I might be able to accomidate. As far as SASS shooting,, I've been so busy in other areas,, I haven't been able to go to too many of the local matches lately either. The local club is the "Walnut Grove Rangers."
So,, if y'all get down this way,, & get ahold of me,, we can talk Rugers etc over a pizza or whatever!
It got to 37 degrees here today. The water was cascading off of the icecicles on the south side of the house. There is a little patch of ground peeking through the lane in front of the house. The Dog and I took a walk around the back 5 acres and the snow is still up to my knees in the woods and the field! After a winter like this one (a lot of stuff broke this winter) we will most likely bank the week at Fairfield and will not be down this year. A year from next week I will turn 62 and Social Security benefits will kick in. $1100 a month more will certainly allow us to vacation in 2011 or 12. I appreciate the invite, and will keep it in mind. Guntalk and Pizza, there is nothing better(well except for maybe shooting and gun handling, and ..Pizza). Anyway, I'll catch you on the flip side.
TTFN
Ohiogunr :D