single six box question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

what would you say

Single-Sixer
Would a 1958 gun come with dual cylinders? [/quote]

The .22 Mag. Single-Six came out in 1959. Short in the production of the .22 Mag. Ruger starting offering the Single-Six with the extra Mag. Cylinders, and the Mag. Single-Six with the extra .22 LR Cylinder, calling them convertibles. They offered to install a mag. cylinder to your Single-Six if you would return the gun to them so they could install it at the factory. They said they could do this on Single-Sixes from serial number 150,000 on up. As your gun is under this serial number I would say that your gun did not ship from Ruger with the extra cylinder and would not have the extra cylinder installed by Ruger if you ask them to. If this gun had an extra cylinder then it was added by a former owner not by Ruger.[/quote]
Thanks Street. I did not get an extra cylinder with this gun. However, when I spoke to Ruger, they stated that it left the factory with two cylinders. With the serial number it has, that is not possible so I believe the gentleman I spoke to with Ruger may have looked at the wrong serial number or a mistake was made somehow based on what you are telling me. It was returned for a re-blue to the factory. It has the cylinder markings and also does have the grip frame markings that was mentioned to be indicative of a factory re-blue. It is good to know that the extra cylinder is not missing.

what would you say

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
And the grip frame does not look like the 1950's anodizing, it looks like Rugers current finish.

I agree. I removed the grips and found the number markings that was mentioned in a post and could see that the grip frame had a more current finish.. resembled the finish on my more current model 10/22's.

flatgate

Hawkeye
143562440.jpg

A little bit earlier, but here's what the "package" looks like.

flatgate

what would you say

Single-Sixer
That's an excellent example Flategate. I just missed a box on ebay earlier in the week. It sold for 55 dollars I believe. The box lid was not in great shape, but for that price I thought it wasn't a bad deal. It was the correct box as you show, with no catalog number or barrel length. I've got an eye out for one now, and I'm sure the good to excellent conditioned ones are much more costly.

street

Hunter
what would you say said:
That's an excellent example Flategate. I just missed a box on ebay earlier in the week. It sold for 55 dollars I believe. The box lid was not in great shape, but for that price I thought it wasn't a bad deal. It was the correct box as you show, with no catalog number or barrel length. I've got an eye out for one now, and I'm sure the good to excellent conditioned ones are much more costly.

Yes they are, unless you are very lucky. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts