Single Six aftermarket sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Texan1894

Bearcat
Has anyone had any luck with the Marble's replacement sights? I'm not a fan of the thick front blade and like the look of the marbles with the smaller bead. Just not sure which rear sight I would need to use in order for it to match the front sight. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm no help about the Marble's sights.

However,, I do know some folks have a gunsmith mill the sides of a front sight blade to a narrower dimension to fit their desires.

If you go for a gold bead type of front sight,, get one the same height as your current front sight. Then look for the Ruger rear sight blade insert with a "V" instead of a square notch. (Ruger made them initially for the Redhawks. But the blades can easily fit most Ruger SA rear sight bases.)

hittman

Staff member
There's a member here some using the name 2dogs who makes front sights.
I don't know all that he does but he seems to have a good reputation.
He did some cylinder work for me once and it was PERFECT in every way.

Epoch

Bearcat
Has anyone had any luck with the Marble's replacement sights? I'm not a fan of the thick front blade and like the look of the marbles with the smaller bead. Just not sure which rear sight I would need to use in order for it to match the front sight. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
I have one on my Single Six coupled with a Bowen V notch rear sight. Also works just fine with a V notch blade for the standard single six rear sight housing. I need to get some sight paint for the bead, because it is so small that it tends to disappear in the autumn leaves and bark. However, it's a lot nicer than the original block of a front sight that came with the revolver, IMO.

I pretty much followed the instructions in that article posted above by @akmania . Although wherever I had found the information had all the photos in tact and those were helpful.

Texan1894

Bearcat
I have one on my Single Six coupled with a Bowen V notch rear sight. Also works just fine with a V notch blade for the standard single six rear sight housing. I need to get some sight paint for the bead, because it is so small that it tends to disappear in the autumn leaves and bark. However, it's a lot nicer than the original block of a front sight that came with the revolver, IMO.

I pretty much followed the instructions in that article posted above by @akmania . Although wherever I had found the information had all the photos in tact and those were helpful.
Thanks man, exactly what I was looking for. Think I'm gonna go through with this setup.

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
Before you mill the front sight, try a wider rear sight.
Just for giggles I put a white bead front sight and a V rear sight on a single six. I like it. I'm surprised that nobody does this.

akmania

Single-Sixer
76BF65EC-0B58-411A-A05D-241CA5654412.jpeg
815F133C-7F34-4F1C-9277-0E0A17B2C154.jpeg
5E6FA3CE-9DA4-45A6-9E60-E016AFC0DF17.jpeg
A1B770F0-8802-444E-BC48-39D864338725.jpeg
8CD7302E-D05C-4AF3-9226-9DA4C859CD30.jpeg

I've put these on my other stainless Single six and my bull bbl and slab side MKII's