single six 9" ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtratoy

Buckeye
Would an old model single six with the 9.5" barrel have warning label on top of barrel as the one in photo appears to have? This is a 3 screw frame that has been converted to transfer bar safety. This is the only picture I have but it looks like it has the Ruger warning on it. I didn't think Old Models had that on them. What do you guys think?

singlesix9.jpg

Coogs

Maximum
That is the "address" roll mark on the barrel. It belongs there. It would be right for a "old model" Do you have a serial # and pic of how the frame is roll marked? Those will give some better idea as to what model/variation it is. Being as I'm a New Model kinda guy, I'm sure someone else will chime in with some good ole' "Old Model" advice.Coogs.

xtratoy

Buckeye
here is the only other picture that shows anything. The seller doesn't have the OM parts and the Magnum cylinder is fluted not unfluted. Is that the way OM Mag cylinders were. I am also wondering how well the sights were regulated considering the differences between the LR and the Mag ammo. Iam used to new model single sixs with adjustable sights. Any idea of a likely value. The local gunstore has a new one for $399 but when he showed it to me it had a scrape down to bare metal on the barrel just above the end of the ejector housing. When I pointed it out, the shop owner took the gun and went looking for some quik-blue to fix it up. I said no thanks and am still looking.

pix339798015.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
The "warning" statement would likely be way more "verbage" than
what appears to be on the RSS9 in your post.

In addition, the "warning" barreled guns would have most likely had front sights with a "screw attached" front sight and not one with a front sight that's set in a "milled slot".

The pics are lacking, but, I think I see a real RSS9.

flatgate

xtratoy

Buckeye
Thanks for the info. I will probably bid and hope I can live with the sights. I rarely adjust sights anyway once I get used to where they hit, but its nice to know i could if I needed to. My single six with a 6.5" barrel has the sight screwed all the way down and still hits a little high.

Latest posts