Single -Six 50th year

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sheepman

Bearcat
I just picked up a new in box 50 year and am wondering how many were made,as I plan on shooting it a lot. I changed out the grips for an old pair, as the ones that came on it are exceptionaly nice. Were all these guns the same, 4-5/8" barrel with rose wood grips and 1953 to 2003 on top of the barrel? Thanks for any info : Bill

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
I have one that I shoot regular. I did the same thing and changed out the grips. Excellent little packing gun and it will surprise you when it comes to being accurate. I really enjoy the fixed sights.

I put the black plastic grips off one of the new locking models on mine. Sure looks like it stepped out of the 1880's.

I guess you can tell that I like mine mucho!

my 2 cents,
Shorty

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
My wife has one. The first gun she got after escaping from Chicago, into Free America. :wink:

She (and I to a lesser extent) shoot it regularly. It's a good shooter. We left it just as it came out of the box. If the grips get scratched, it just adds character and makes the ones the collectors saved more valuable.

flatgate

Hawkeye
kd5auu":2l1z2zaf said:
would the grips from the 50th anniversary model fit on a 1955 old single six?

The dowel hole is in a different location but the shape is quite similar.

flatgate

PS

264767069.jpg

This is a 50th Anniv. .44 Flattop sporting a pair of grips made as "Factory Replacements" for the pre-63 Rugers. I glued the dowel hole shut and drilled a new one.