Single Six .32 H&R Mag "Vaquerito" - Sheriffs Model Project

Help Support Ruger Forum:

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Single Six .32 H&R Mag "Vaquerito" - Sheriffs Model Project

Above and below: As purchased.

Below, after 'smithing.

Barrel shortened to about 3.5" (from front of cylinder); ejector rod still functional. Action work. Factory bluing and faux "color case hardening" polished off.

Now it goes to the engraver for something like this (.44 Blackhawk):

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
Going to be fully blued without case colors? I don't know how engraving affects case colors or vice versa.

Rob

gak

Buckeye
The .32 project looks outstanding. Doug - amazing the tricks on the eyes - how similar in size those two look at first glance.

dougader

Hunter
Yeah, it's just the angle. Only the grips/gripframe are/is the same size.

Despite the smaller size of the .32, I feel the 45 balances best of the two.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
varminter22 said:
Picked up today, engraved. Now, off to be blued.

Very tasteful engraving; enough but not over done. A real case coloring to the frame and hammer really set off engraving nicely.

Who re-mounted the front sight? That is a vast improvement over the funny little blade that it came with from the factory!

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Thanks!

I debated color case hardening. Decided against it, largely due to the expense, and although I like case hardening, its never been a big preference for me.

A nearby friend (experienced in gunsmithing) did the shortening, remount of front sight (I think it is the original), action work, and polishing. That danged "warning" on the barrel was also re-indexed to a better, less unsightly position.

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Now that you mention it, the front sight blade does look different! I hadn't even noticed.

But I like it!

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Project is pretty much finished now. Just need a new holster; plan to contact Mernickle today for a custom PS6 holster.

qetf.jpg

1mcc.jpg

6zlx.jpg

9x4a.jpg

My photography isn't so great, but I DO think it looks very nice. Pins, etc were fire blued but are rather pale and don't show up well in photos.