Single Six 32 Adjustable Sights?????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Anyone know aproximately how many of the original 32 SS's with the adjustable sights were produced in the mid 80's? What is the rarest or most valuable and or desireable variation? Was there only the one period of production for those with the adjustable sights, or have they ever reintroduced them after they were discontinued from regular production. What year were they discontinued. I finally have some brass and dies on the way and am fixin to order a bullet mold and read some of the answers to questions by another member and these popped into my mind. Mine is a 4 5/8 made in 84 that I got as new out of a super collection that has had some real gems in it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, ANY of them with "SSM" rollmarked on the mainframe are rare. But in the regular Single-Six series,, the adjustable sighted ones were more common than the fixed sighted ones.

gak

Buckeye
contender":abo1ibxu said:
Well, ANY of them with "SSM" rollmarked on the mainframe are rare. But in the regular Single-Six series,, the adjustable sighted ones were more common than the fixed sighted ones.
-------
I don't have numbers, but the available adjustables on the used market has been greatly outnumbered by the fixed sight models all these years. I don't think one can chalk that up simply to "folks not wanting to sell the adjustables" but I may be wrong. Also, I don't believe, in the chronology of Ruger .32s, that the two types were ever sold alongside each other (new). I do think the Bisley adjustable was just about the rarest model among the obvious configurations. Sure don't see many of them!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Adjustable sights; windage-only rear sight; roll-marked bisley; non-rollmarked bisley; fluted cylinder; five? barrel lengths; two grip frame styles; "SSM" and non-SSM rollstamps. And those are just the original variations! The 32H&RMag Single-Six guns are a collector's task by themselves!

I worked PT in a gunshop in the late '80s, and recall seeing adjustable and blade-rear Bisley and "regular" adjustable, fluted guns all side-by-side in the same showcase back in the day. I don't recall each model being stopped between variations. Ruger just wanted to sell them! Amazing how long they collected dust - until they were all discontinued - then they flew off the shelves!

Flash

Buckeye
I believe the 4 5/8" barrel would be the rare one among the adjustable sight models. :wink:
002-17.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
I currently have three with the adjustable sights. A 9-1/2", a 6-1/2" and a 5-1/2". The shorter barreled example has the SSM markings, as well.

flatgate