Single Seven .327?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I own one. Mine is the 7-1/2" bbl. I also own a Blackhawk 8 shot 327,, a Buckeye convertible 32 H&R /32-20, and several 32 H&R mag Single-Sixes.
It depends upon your purpose for owning one.
The SS frame size is nice, smaller & lighter,,, easier to carry. The Blackhawk size is heavier, less felt recoil, and feels like a bigger gun yet shoots like a dream.
Both sizes have their purpose, and I can attest to the fact that my SS 327 is a ground squirrel killing machine. Between it & my Hawkeye last year in Idaho,, with a target rich environment,, I slayed a bunch of those vermin.

The SS in 327, if you do not have a 32 cal is a good way to go. The ONLY drawback, I can see, is the smaller frame & the 7 holes,, make for loading & unloading alignment a bit slower. But for a medium to small game stomper,,, I like mine.

z1r

Single-Sixer
No reason I can see NOT to get one. I bought a 4 5/8's SSM when they first came out. Always wanted another but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

When the Single Seven hit the floor at my LGS, I knew I had to have one. Mine had an issue that Ruger immediately made right. One of the guys at my range also has a S7. We spend a good deal of time talking about our favorite loads.

As for cylinder alignment, I don't find it to be any worse than my SSM. New Model Rugers have always had to be carefully aligned to eject and load so I guess I am used to it. I don't find it to be near the inconvenience that many do.

These days, I'm glad to has several 32's as they are easy to reload for; and with .22 LR's being so hard to find in my area, they are a great alternative. the 327 can be loaded down to 32 S&W long velocity for plinking or up to Magnum velocities for some serious varminting. A 100 grain bullet at or near 1000 fps has been a staple.

Sorry, no luck talking you out of it!

wdr2

Bearcat
I have one with the 7.5in barrel. Very accurate and loud with full power 327 Fed loads. 327 ammo is still rather hard to find so I'd say this is currently a reloader's cartridge. Mine has never fired factory ammo. I mostly use my own cast HPGC bullets from MP molds. Easy to get to 1450fps with 115gr cast. Very hard on Idaho ground squirrels.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
I have a Single Seven with the 5.5" barrel. Easy to shoot and you have the choice of 4 loads. I usually shoot 32 H&R Mag and .327 Fed Mag in mine.
It is one of those guns that I will not consider selling as it is just that much fun.

Cordite

dougader

Hunter
327 Federal is screaming little round. Designed to sling a 115 grain jhp at a solid 1300 fps from a 3" bbl revolver, it's over 1500 fps in my 4-5/8" Single Seven. I've had and sold the SP101 and S&W432, both had 3" bbl's and they went down the road. The Single Seven is here for keeps.

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
Well thanks, guys - y'all are truly a bunch of enablers, aren't ya?
I do handload, so I see me shooting lots of low-powered rounds through it with cast lead bullets. I'm strongly considering the 5.5" barrel, although the 7" barrel is not out of the question.

Rclark

Hunter
Mine is 5 1/2" Single Seven. All I shoot in it however is handloaded .32 H&R Mag. Runs well. Wish it was a Single Six .32 H&R mag though. Six shooters should only have 6 holes ;) and .32 H&R Mag gives you plenty of power for my purposes .

z1r

Single-Sixer
I do like the fact that the S6 is lighter, however, when shooting full power .327's, the extra weight of the S7 is nice. My S6 has a 4 5/8's barrel and I wanted the same on the S7, the LGS only had a 5.5" so that's what I have. I'd rather have the 5.5" than nothing! even though the S7 is all steel, it is still lighter and handier than a Blackhawk!

I think the 32's are a handloader's wet dream!

32shooter

Blackhawk
I have 2 of them, the 7.5" & 4 5/8" models. Also have 4 or 5 S6's along with a Buckeye and an 8 shot Blackhawk. Also have a Marlin 32mag lever gun. My wife's carry gun is a Taurus 32mag. As you can see I have a thing for the 32's. Fun to shoot, cheap to reload. Now that Henry is coming out with a 327, I may have another one. Be careful, once you get one you may need more.

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
32shooter said:
I have 2 of them, the 7.5" & 4 5/8" models. Also have 4 or 5 S6's along with a Buckeye and an 8 shot Blackhawk. Also have a Marlin 32mag lever gun. My wife's carry gun is a Taurus 32mag. As you can see I have a thing for the 32's. Fun to shoot, cheap to reload. Now that Henry is coming out with a 327, I may have another one. Be careful, once you get one you may need more.
Which barrel length do you think balances better?

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have all three barrel lengths. The most accurate is the 7 1/2" and it shoots like a rifle . The 5.5" and the 4.6" are not far behind though and I believe that from a machine rest one would have a hard time telling what one shot what group. Sight radius and weight dont ya know. Buy the one you like the best.

32shooter

Blackhawk
I like the short barreled one for balance and ease of packing, to each his own. Like Chuck said, buy the one you like best.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I buy most things .32 that I come across (hence the handle here :mrgreen: ). I have all three of the s7 bbl lengths and have only fired the 5.5" one. I don't think the extra inch will ever get in your way and offers just that little bit of extra sight radius for accurate shooting. I will get around to the other two one of these days, maybe when the Henry's in 327 show up.

I have about ten 327 revolvers, all Ruger except one Taurus my Dad bought and left me. I have another dozen or so 32 H& R revolvers, also mostly Ruger with two Smiths and a model 76 Taurus thrown in. I have a few more Smiths in 32 Long also. I wish I had a lever guns in 32 H&R but the Henry's will take care of that and not cost $2-3,000!!! I did manage to acquire a 32-20 Marlin.

I listed all these to prove that these things are addictive like nothing else and just fun. Reloading is no big deal and often as interesting as finding the guns. Get Starline brass, a mold at least 115 grains, a good supply of small pistol (standard) primers and get busy. :wink:

32Magfan

G2

Hunter
I have S6 in 4.6, 6.5bisley, & custom 9.5brass bisley.

When it came to the 327 I was going to pass then aquired the SP101 and some American Eagle 100gr 1500fps, WOW!! :shock:

I handload the 32Mag speedy, :wink: but was surprised by the 327AE load.

Now I wanted A S7 :roll: ,,,debated over the 5.5, 7.5,,, went with the 5.5 as I knew I would probably Bisleyize the 7.5 and already have 6.5 & 9.5.
I did Bisley Hammer, Crescent ERB, BM#5, Hawkbeak front sight & slim, black hard rubber grips.
The 5.5 has turned into a nice slim, speedy, pack a punch stainless Single Seven, great little side arm with one extra shot. Neat gun.

Ethang

Blackhawk
buy it.

There are many threads on here from when they first came out, mine included. Had some issues but Ruger fixed them up. It's now my favorite woods walking pistol and goes to the range every time I do. Mostly 1000fps 32 mag loads, but the Federal AE 327 loads are screaming little wicked things that will put the biggest grin on my face with each trigger pull.

G2

Hunter
32shooter said:
G2, How about some pics of that S7?? Sounds interesting!

Ok :wink:

413078562.jpg

413078565.jpg

413078577.jpg

413078573.jpg

413078569.jpg

32shooter

Blackhawk
G2, That thing is NICE. I almost couldn't tell it started out as a S7. Someday I would like to do a bisley frame and hammer on one of mine.

G2

Hunter
Here are the 2 Bisley 32's, 9.5 brass bisley, 6.5 factory bisley, and the 4.6 does wear a Bisley Hammer.
32's, be it H&R Magnum or 327 Magnum, everybody should have 1 or 2 or more... :roll:
3ruger32s.jpg