Single Action Revolver Pictures (Centerfire)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
All these Single actions and no 30 carbines?
Here's one with a couple of parts changed.

MVC-819F.jpg

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
I indulged myself and put a pair of Chiggs on my .357 Blackhawk.
View attachment 13339

Everyone goes on about the 5.5" barrels, but I think the 4 5/8" is the perfect for handy carry.

Here's my "El Guapo" .41 with the "gunfighter look":
View attachment 13342

I bought it from an old internet buddy many years ago. Neither of us know who stripped all the finish off it (probably prep for a re-blue), but I never saw the need to do anything with it. It's finished off more than a couple deer...

Then, there's my Super Blackhawk upon which I mounted a scope for hunting deer. Still have yet to take one with it, though.

View attachment 13346

It wears ugly Pachmayr grips now, just for a bit more control and comfort.

Aqualung
Did myou nhave the scope mounted, or was it there already when you bought it? What type of scope it it? And, how far can you shoot it accurately!

357Mag with custom JDowney ebony grips, super Blackhawk hammer, and action job:

45ACP Birdshead with custom JDowney grips and action job:

45Colt tuned and gripped by JLinebaugh:

… and same revolver but with a 45ACP fluted cylinder and Bowen rear sight:

More birdsheads with JDowney grips. Left stainless are consecutive SN 45Colt (original Vaquero), the 357 Mag stainless and again, the 45ACP (blued):

Original Vaquero 45Colt 7.5" with custom (thicker) Arizona Custom Grips, super Blackhawk hammer, and action job:

44Mag with action job and custom (thicker) Arizona Custom Grips:

I've already forgotten the rules for this thread, but thinking I'll post a bonus for single-action fans even though I already parted with all my FA:

Thanks! Just trying to help out the OP with different centerfire single-action revolvers.

Here's a more practical FA. Both are premier grade but with rubber grips, rear silhouette sight, and red fiber optic for the long barrel (44Mag) and custom front on the shorter 500WE. Tack drivers! I used the 44Mag in IHMSA.

Here's a FA97 in 357Mag, but a little too small for my hand:

This was a great pair: lighter grips was a 454 and black was the 500WE:

And to bring it back to Ruger, here's a 44Mag John (Linebaugh) did for me. It started as a 7.5":

Wasp

🇺🇸
357Mag with custom JDowney ebony grips, super Blackhawk hammer, and action job:

45ACP Birdshead with custom JDowney grips and action job:

45Colt tuned and gripped by JLinebaugh:

… and same revolver but with a 45ACP fluted cylinder and Bowen rear sight:

More birdsheads with JDowney grips. Left stainless are consecutive SN 45Colt (original Vaquero), the 357 Mag stainless and again, the 45ACP (blued):

Original Vaquero 45Colt 7.5" with custom (thicker) Arizona Custom Grips, super Blackhawk hammer, and action job:

44Mag with action job and custom (thicker) Arizona Custom Grips:

I've already forgotten the rules for this thread, but thinking I'll post a bonus for single-action fans even though I already parted with all my FA:

Whew. You have similar tastes. Nice set.

Thanks, Wasp. You might say I've been down the road and back again with revolvers in the sense that I started with Ruger, then went to FA, then to customized Rugers and S&W. IMO, the FA makes their revolvers better than any other gun manufacturer makes their respective firearm. (That's just my opinion, though.). The only issue I had was that they only offer two flavors: New York Vanilla and French Vanilla. Perhaps that's what it takes, though, is to find one thing and build it well. Since our IHMSA venues dried up here, I didn't need that level of accuracy and I enjoyed customized Ruger's and S&W. I didn't include the Smiths in the thread since the OP requested only SA. If I have one aggravation with Ruger revolvers it's that out of about fifteen or so, only one or two had the barrels properly clocked at the factory and there's no gunsmith in my area to help correct them and all competent smiths to whom I could ship are always backed up for many months on other jobs. Ruger still fails to offer thicker grip panels, but at least guys out there like JDowney do a superb job of making thicker grips from exotic woods to better fit the hand.

While S&W offers more refined product, they have no single-action I'm aware of, and I'd never want to run any loads near SAAMI max through their DA.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Did myou nhave the scope mounted, or was it there already when you bought it? What type of scope it it? And, how far can you shoot it accurately!
I mounted the scope. I got the Super at an auction and then bought the scope and mount from a member of this forum.

It's a Weaver no-gunsmith mount. The scope is a Weaver 2.5x-8x.

I'm confident to about 50yds, maybe 75 with a good rest.

Aqualung

Latest posts