single action old style

Help Support Ruger Forum:

w18764560

Bearcat
Is it possible to get the four click hammer out of a NMBH or reinstall the original parts to a OMBH that has been converted?

Answer to your question.
No you can not get 4 clicks out of a NM. Half cock and free spin is the best it gets.
Yes you can reinstall the OM parts back into the gun and have the 4 clicks, Also a smooth action again.
So if you are looking for a 4 click gun get a OM and be done with it. About the same price as a NM and a better gun.
Jim

Bucks Owin

Hunter
w18764560":3fknyi9h said:
Is it possible to get the four click hammer out of a NMBH or reinstall the original parts to a OMBH that has been converted?
Reinstall the OM lockwork in a converted gun? Yes, that's why you get it back! Put it in a NM? Why? I love the OMs and original Flattops, see no real disadvantage to loading 5 rds for carry and wish they were still being built! That said, I can see why Ruger put in the transfer bar and it WAS/IS a leap forward in single action design safety. As close to "idiot proof" as is possible in these times of blaming gun manufacturers for "accidents" instead of nincompoops who know little about the safe use of SA firearms and could injure themselves loading 6 cartridges. (Just as they did before frivolous litigation became rampant :roll:) I also have no problems controlling cylinder rotation while loading/unloading a NM, it is second nature to me. But I guess a free spin pawl is a worthwhile modification for those who have a problem in that area. As to the 4 clicks, my hearing is so bad I rarely hear them all anyway. I'd rather count muzzleblasts! :lol: (Besides, who's counting?!?)...Just my two rambling centavos, Dennis

jpdesign

Single-Sixer
could go to http://www.powercustom.com, hammer and trigger set, wich adds half cock notch, allows chamber to line up with loading gate at the stops, runs $160. get the modified transfer bar for $30 and you will be able keep all factory parts original so you can switch back if ever desired.

Jimmy

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim":34v706si said:
Answer to your question.
No you can not get 4 clicks out of a NM. Half cock and free spin is the best it gets.
Jim

Oh, no! I can't? Oh, gosh, what am I going to do with the New Models I have with "4 Click" lockwork??

insomnia.gif

OK, my "quarter cock" notches won't hold the hammer but they do "click"....

flatgate

flatgate":3la57e2b said:
Wyandot Jim":3la57e2b said:
Answer to your question.
Jim

Oh, no! I can't? Oh, gosh, what am I going to do with the New Models I have with "4 Click" lockwork??

insomnia.gif

OK, my "quarter cock" notches won't hold the hammer but they do "click"....

flatgate

Well ifin they don't hold the hammer that don't count :D :D
What are you a doin with dem new fangled things anyway? :roll:
Did ya buy up all the REAL 4 clickers :lol:
Jim
Jim