single action ccw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MBane666

Bearcat
We have an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY on using SA Rugers for self-defense coming up next season (which starts end of December), filmed at the GUNSITE SA class...it was big fun and eye-opening. I used a 1956-vintage Flat-Top .357 redone for me by Dave Clements.

GUNSITE's running another SA self-defense class the first week of May. I'm thinking of taking it with a custom 4-inch .44 Mag Vaquero birdshead Hamilton Bowen is working on for me.

Michael B

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
A New Vaquero in 45 Colt should make a dandy CCW.

I'd probably carry it in an El Paso Saddlery or Simply Rugged pancake style holster.

Stoots

Buckeye
Allen207":2vt495er said:
For what it is worth (and I realize that is very little) I would rather face several wannabe gangsters shooting their Glocks side saddle, than a single member of this forum who is skilled with the use of a single action. Of course, best case scenario is to never be in either situation :)

I posted this in another thread a while back, but it merits mention here...

I used to work with a guy probably in his mid 60's. He had an old Ruger Single Six. Carried it everywhere, on his person, in his truck, etc. Hunted with it, plinked with it, you name it. And, he was silly accurate with it too. I always said I would rather face a crew of gangbangers with high-caps of any caliber than one old man with a .22 he's had all his life.

:wink: