Simply Rugged Sourdough for Speed/Service or Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

moresnowdays

Bearcat
I'm hoping tomorrow I will finally be able to pick up my new to me Police Service Six 4" Ruger. Looking around I'm thinking of getting the Simply Rugged Sourdough holster for it.

My concern is after looking at ordering one on their website was that they make a distinction between ordering for the Service/Speed Six vs the Security Six. I know the reason for the distinction is because of the fixed vs adjustable sights. A call to them this afternoon confirmed that was the difference, and they said if I order for the Security Six, my Police Service will work in it.

I'm hoping maybe some one here happens to have both the fixed and adjustable versions of the Ruger Six, and has a Sourdough holster. If someone here does happen to have this set up, would you be able to tell me if the Service/Speed series fits just right in the Security holster, or is it worth it to just order the right one for my Police Service? I was only thinking of ordering for the Security model in case I pick one up later.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Don't know about your application but I have a sp101 and Lcr that both work well In mine

moresnowdays

Bearcat
I believe Rob, I'm sure it would work. Just don't want to find out it's a bit loose because of a larger channel to fit adjustable sights, for potential CCW purposes. Seems like a small difference but didn't want to lose retention over it.

whichwatch

Blackhawk
moresnowdays said:
I believe Rob, I'm sure it would work. Just don't want to find out it's a bit loose because of a larger channel to fit adjustable sights, for potential CCW purposes. Seems like a small difference but didn't want to lose retention over it.

Trust me, you won't lose any retention. Simply Rugged is good stuff. I have 2 of their holsters along with the Chesty Puller chest harness. I just ordered and received the adapter so I can use a couple of non-Simply Rugged belt holsters with the harness, making my belt holsters a chest holster.