sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ronipike

Bearcat
Is there a good way to make my front sights black again? The edges and corners of my front sight are wearing a bit and don't give me a solid profile anymore. I have thought about just grabbing a black marker or using some soot from a candle, but I am wondering if there is a better long term solution.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, a black permanent marker will do it for a while. But you can also use "cold blue" in several coats to also be a longer term solution.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Yes, Birchwood Casey makes a Touch Up Pen for cold blue spot
usage, they also make one for touching up aluminum blacking such
as on a scope body although I've not found the latter to be too useful.

yessir, in the old days we used "carbide" to darken the front sights.....and yes, most any marker will work,,,,,,,,no, as said above, not last long,so better yet paint it, flat or semi gloss black paint...will last a bit longer, even 'black' finger nail polish will work...as for the 'cold blues. we use the '44-40 from World Of Parts (Numrich Arms)

edlmann

Blackhawk
ronipike":3mah6cq9 said:
Is there a good way to make my front sights black again? The edges and corners of my front sight are wearing a bit and don't give me a solid profile anymore. I have thought about just grabbing a black marker or using some soot from a candle, but I am wondering if there is a better long term solution.

Old school method.

Latest posts