sight dovetail dot optic base

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Is it for certain that the rear sight dovetail is same size on Mk & 22/45 series rimfires as the P series centerfire? I see some of these bases listed as a basic 'fits all' which concerns me.
I've decided to add a dot optic to my house carry P95.

I answered my own question this morning by driving out the rear sight on the P95 and comparing it with a sight removed from 22/45 a couple weeks back. Seem to be same size.

The EGW plate should be here in a couple days so I'll let you know how that fits. Hoping the single locking set screw makes contact with the solid part of the slide rather than the edge of the cut-out.

Not yet. Been really busy. My plan involves a DREMEL cut-off wheel to narrow the dovetail part of the mount to ease the fit in the slide. Then, I'll have to attempt to re-tap the threaded hole that was squished out-of-round.

Looks like rain most of today so I'll make an attempt to either fit that plate to my P95 or ruin it in the process. Just received 2 new ADE green dots so most likely will mount one of those. Not as well defined as a Burris FF3 but we're not talking about driving tacks @ 25 yards.

Well, the deed is done. The results are neither pretty or perfect but the ADE is mounted. I do like the green dot on the P95.
I think EGW dropped the ball when they claim this "fits" Ruger 'P-series' handguns. Only one of the retaining set screws can be used as the other will contact the little plate connected to the firing pin. The material from which the mount is cut appears to be aluminum alloy and coated with a phosphate(ish) looking finish. Even light force causes deformation of the plate and scarring of the finish. By the time I had the plate positioned, both sides were deformed by the excessive force required. I then had to file down the burrs to allow the optic to sit flat on the mount leaving bare shiny aluminum on both sides. A black marker will cover that but shouldn't be necessary.
The installation is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart when considering the amount of modification and force required to complete.

kschwa

Bearcat
Was hoping it would be an easy instal. Im not a handy as you are. Sure would have been nice to put on my P89. Thanks for updates.

Latest posts