Sig Sauer P210

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've wanted one of these pistols for the past 4 or 5 years. I see them occasionally in stores, so I don't know why I waited so long. But anyway, just today I finally brought one home.

Although, in looking it over just now, and trying to dry fire it... it's got some weird quirks I'm not too fond of. For example, it has the "magazine must be inserted to fire" feature. But if you lock the slide back without a magazine in place, then insert a magazine, it still doesn't want to (dry) fire. You have to use the slide release lever to release the slide, then start over. It's just a little awkward. I'm going to have to try with live ammo at the range.

However, the trigger is incredibly light. It really feels like a two stage trigger. Some noticeable force on the take up, and then a very light snap. Online, they are saying around 3 1/2 pounds on the trigger. But it really does feel like a two stage trigger.

There are a ton of reviews online, and nobody mentioned these two things, the inserted magazine "safety" and the feel of the trigger. Weird.

Anyway, I love the feel of the grips. Some review somewhere said they feel like the German made NIL grips. I don't have any of those, but they are very nice, and walnut with an oil finish. Not some poly coated resin over the top to make the wood feel like plastic.

And the fit and finish is just superb, it's just really super fantastic with an excellent weight to it.

A lot of the reviews said it's similar to a 1911, and yes, weight, size and grip angle do make it feel a lot like a 1911. Except the slide has the rails on the inside of the bottom dust cover, you can see in the first picture. It just could not be any smoother.

Hopefully I can make it to the range soon. I'll write more after I get a chance to shoot it.

IMG-3202.JPG

IMG-3213.JPG

IMG-3208.JPG

IMG-3215.JPG

Thanks, yes it is a very nice looking pistol.

I’ve always wanted a Browning Hi Power, but they had to go and stop making them :(. This reminds me a little bit of the Browning.

contender

Ruger Guru
A magazine safety feature is on several handguns out there. Not a big surprise. You'll overcome that soon enough. But for dry fire practice,, get a handful of "snap-caps" and load the magazine with those for dry fire practice.
With live ammo, and working the gun as intended,, you may well be totally surprised at the end result.

SamV

Blackhawk
Looking forward to your range report, although I am confident that it will be great. This is one of my wish list guns, and as I am not getting younger, I may take a more serious look at getting one. Enjoy that gun!

For years the only gun forum I was on was here... then I bought a 2nd sig and ventured over to the Sig one (not the talk one) and now I'm on two forums. (The guy that runs that forum doesn't hold back when he decides you violated one of his rules... but there is too much information there to get off). My point is there is a big fan base there of the 210's. Seems there are folks who just love these.... Glad you got what you wanted.

Speaking of this... I just recently got my 'Holy Grail' too:

Sig P226s: DA/SA & SAO Two 357sig caliber uppers and Two 9mm uppers, one with a Romeo Sight.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
I have owned my SIG 210 for over two years now and it runs so smooth, all my friends want to try it our! I make them use their own ammo as it is soooo smooth and accurate to shoot. It is my go to gun for accuracy and dependability at the range. I am reloading my practice ammo and it will shoot any bullet style and weight that I feed it. The 210 will also ride comfortably in any of my 1911 holsters. What a great gun for range shooting! Brass Frame/Lee E

TomC321

Bearcat
The SIG 210 has been my Grail gun for over 50 yrs. I finally got a 210-6 a little over 10 yrs. ago. I got some Nill grips for it and a tang extension for the frame. It has the worst hammer bite of any gun I have shot without the extension. My wife loves it and shoots it very well as well.

Cholo

Staff member
That's really cool, Kevin! I've never heard of a Sig 210. What first struck me is the solid trigger and that amazing rearward slanted serrated read sight without the hideous white outline or dots to bugger it up. Sweet!

Looking forward to your range report, although I am confident that it will be great. This is one of my wish list guns, and as I am not getting younger, I may take a more serious look at getting one. Enjoy that gun!
not sure where you are, but if you are close to Dallas, your welcome to shoot mine some day. My range is pretty close to Gun Barrel City.

It’s my goal someday to have a Gun Barrel City address. :)

Contender: I did dig up some snap caps. Not sure why I didn’t think of them yesterday. It doesn’t appear to have a magazine safety feature. I think it was just new and stiff.

Blume: Those P226’s are very nice looking. I did briefly consider the P320 X5. It’s got a Tungsten infused Polymer frame. Supposedly it weighs as much as a steel frame. The technology in modern guns these days is really awesome. I’ll look into the sig forum. Are you just Blume there too?

I'm blume9mm over there. Those two P226's are Legions... I recognize the whole Sig Legion thing was marketing to an extreme but back in 2019 a guy on that forum advertised a P226 Legion in 357 sig caliber and he lived here and I bought it. To back up a bit on history.. when I first went on the internet I chose [email protected] as my email address because I was into 357 magnum revolvers.. then I inherited a Ruger P95 from my late brother-in-law and was a convert to 9mm..... but it kind of always bothered me that I was still '357' with my main email address as well as here... and so back in 2019 I figured out the solution... start going to pistols in 357 sig.... I had both a Sig P239 in that caliber and then along came the P226 Legion.... the dern pistol just feels good as well as looks good..... Oh and it seems Sig lets you 'join the Legion if you buy a used one.. both of mine are... in fact the 2nd one, the Single Action Only one, was made April of last year... don't know what it was doing at my gun dealers in the used pistol area.

Now to talk about Sig's P320... I have a P320 compact model with a Romeo sight on it....(warning.. this is a semi Glock put down) ... I was out at Front Sight back in 2018 doing their 4 day defensive hand gun course for the fourth time and went with a friend up to the gun smith shop because he wanted some different sights for his Glock.... I ask the Smith there about my Sig P320 and this guy shaking his head who had the biggest tattoo on his arm I've ever seen that just said "GLOCK". explained to me that that poor Sig would never be accurate... there is nothing that could be done to it to fix it.... I should have gone back the next day and shown him my qualification test score.... which was no misses. My buddy with his Glock just barely passed.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
This was a model I had on my "gotta get" list. When it was re-introduced here I thought that was my chnace. In that time I had chnaged my interest sbit and decided fr what I would be and cost, I'd never enjoy it enough to justify it. I still see it as one of the finest pistols produced but am content in not having one reside here

WanderLust

Bearcat
As I understand it, there's an American version (or standard type) and the target version, which I believe this is. I've drooled over this model for 4 years,
just need to break down and get one someday. I'm just ashamed to buy yet ANOTHER gun that can shoot better than me! The walnut grips just complete the whole image of perfection to me.

TomC321

Bearcat
The older 210's have barrel locking lugs like the 1911. The latest version has the chamber locking lug, like the Glock and other SIG's. I think the chamber lug is much easier to fit and actually makes a more accurate setup, although my 210 seems to be very accurate with anything I put in it.

As I understand it, there's an American version (or standard type) and the target version, which I believe this is. I've drooled over this model for 4 years,
just need to break down and get one someday. I'm just ashamed to buy yet ANOTHER gun that can shoot better than me! The walnut grips just complete the whole image of perfection to me.
WanderLust:
Yes, you are correct, I should have said this in the first post. This is the “new” made in America (New Hampshire) P210. It is the Target model. They also make a Standard mode and a Carry model; which is smaller. The Standard model does not have adjustable rear sights and has smaller wood grips but I believe the frame of the gun is the same size.

They really should have used a different Model designation than 210 to avoid confusion. The Swiss Sig company before merging with the German Sauer company made a P210. This gun was used by the Swiss Army. So they didn’t have to fight with those little knives I suppose :).

There is lots better information on the internet than I can give you about the history of this gun if you are interested.

Latest posts