Show your first.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Okay, let's see a pic, if you have it, of your very first old model Ruger revolver.........here's mine, a Single Six. :)
NewandOld001.jpg

Dave :wink:

rrent

Bearcat
this is not only the first OM Blackhawk --but the first gun I ever bought at a gun show ---prior to that I was a new gun only snob............

this is just how I bought it genuine fake ivory grips and all:

RUGER357BlackHawk1.jpg

KTM

Single-Sixer
I suppose these would be my (well actually my brother and I share them) first Rugers, my father bought them new, the Single-Six he bought in June of 1955 for $63.25. Not sure of the date he bought the .357 Blackhawk, but he paid $87.50. I have the original grips but unfortunately I do not have the boxes or manuals. As long as I can remember he had the pearl grips on them.

First_Rugers_1.jpg

First_Rugers_2.jpg

street

Hunter
My first Ruger was a Single-Six Transition model, shipped with only the .22 Long Rifle Cylinder. As you know single cylinder transition Single-Sixes are one of the hardest Rugers to find. RENE states well under 1700 made. My wife bought this gun for me by paying a small down payment and paying $2.00 a week till it was paid off. I still have the gun and still have my wife. I guess I will be keeping both as long as she will have me. :D :D :D

374813885.jpg

374813883.jpg

374813880.jpg

J Miller

Blackhawk
My first Old Model Ruger Single Action was a Super Bearcat, serial # 91-622xx. Bought it in 74, traded it in 75. Regretted it ever since.

My first Old Model center fire was a BKH -44, serial number 45- 12332. Bought it in 76, lost it in a burglary in 77. May the thieves rot in hell.

Sadly I don't have any pics of either one of them.

Joe

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Here's my first 3-screw. I remember thinking I'd never get one, everybody already had them !

3screw003.jpg

I re-stocked it in elk horn with grips made by myself :D . Shootin' iron on top of a cookin' iron.

flatheadsal

Single-Sixer
my first OM .357, traded a Colt 2nd gen black powder for it, added Qualite brass frame, SBH trigger and hammer, Jay Scott fake ivories which I added Ruger emblems to, a year later I have 6 more OM's and an ROA, as they say I caught the 'disease"
aurora028.jpg

Knuckles

Buckeye
No can do!... never had an old model anything.

I've had lots of Rugers but none were "Old Models".