show us your Bowie typ knives here

Help Support Ruger Forum:

B.L. Hall

Single-Sixer
here's mine, I've had it for about 30 years now... I found the bladewhen I was a teen, rusty and no handle under an old fallen down log cabin in the middle of the woods. I cleaned in up, made the handle and sheath. I love this old blade!

OldBowie.jpg

Oldfriend.jpg

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
Here is my Bowie, had it about 45 years. It saw lots of use when I usta spend time in the Everglades. Home made sheath after the first one wore out. Also my Horvath 44 Special.

Bowie44Spl01.jpg

don44

Hunter
Here is my Bowie Knife with a handmade sheath. I've had this knife since 1962.
BOWIEKNIFE001.jpg
BOWIEKNIFE003.jpg
Excuse the shoes!

ClintV

Single-Sixer
Here's a couple of mine.

A Cold Steel Trailmaster, rehandled and some file work:
coldsteel004.jpg

coldsteel010.jpg

And a Doug Campbell coffin handled bowie, done up in Buffalo Horn to match one of my Rugers:
rig-1.jpg

Just for kicks, here's a pick of a couple of sheaths I made up for Rick's bowies, wish I had a pic of them out of the sheaths....they are beauties!!:
Ricksleather011.jpg
Ricksleather005.jpg

don44

Hunter
Cherokee":3g6okpcf said:
Looks like Don44 & I have the same Bowies.....
Yes sir, I think you're right. I have had this Bowie a long time. Bought it in Phoenix right after I got out of the Army.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, I don't quite make it into the "Bowie" class, but, I've a couple of sharp things stuck in the safe.....

252028084.jpg

The 10" .357 Flattop and my custom 7-1/2" Flatgate Single-Six have stags....

flatgate

KTM

Single-Sixer
This is as close to a Bowie knife as I have. It's a Puma White Hunter. My father bought it back in the late 1960's.

Ruger_Puma_01.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I finally dug out my 3 Bowie types. The biggest is a Case Bowie. I got this one as a fond memory. My brother was in "nam,, wrote mom that he needed a bowie knife. I went with her shopping & she went into a sporting goods store,, asked for the best Bowie they had. I recall she paid $20 for one. My brother carried it for 2 tours. This one is exactly like his,, down to the sheath. His has a lot of miles,, broken handle & all. But I had to have one like my brother.
The stag handled one is the one on my SASS belt. It didn't come to me in any special way,, but it is one heck of a good blade.
Lastly,,, not a true Bowie but a special knife to me. A Ka-Bar,, I got from a good friend in the Army. It became part of my flt vest,, and I carried it a lot. So,, my brothers Bowie, to my Ka-Bar,,, both "served" us well.

booksknives002.jpg