Shoulder Rig/Holster for 4" Redhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
Does anyone know or have experience of a shoulder holster for a 4" Redhawk? I 'm looking for the type you would wear under a jacket in the urban environment rather than a field rig. Something like you see in the older Police/Detective Movies/TV is what I have in mind.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,searching the internet didn't come up with much at all and nothing affordable. I've heard that holsters for the S&W 629 will work, is this true? - not that I have really seen any for them in the style I want.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
I use a Galco VHS for my 4" Redhawk. The S&W N frame size works just fine.

Affordable and shoulder holster are not generally used in the same sentence. About the only affordable ones out there are the nylon rigs.

There's a gentleman that posts a number of older holsters, some of them shoulder on various forums. I believe he goes by "happy" here, "rojo" on others. He might have something you may be looking for.

Doc Thornton

Bearcat
I believe that in The American Handgunner magazine, in the small
advertisements toward the back, that the "original" manufacturers
of the Dirty Harry type shoulder holsters advertises for the same
rig in different barrel lengths. If I had one handy I would check it
for you. Try Googling 'dirty harry type shoulder holster'.

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys for the ideas. The original Dirty Harry rig looks nice but the costs a bit too steep for me just now. The Galco looks nice for less money.

Any other ideas, anyone?

I use an uncle mike's vertical rig I had for a gp 100. Since it is concealed it don't matter what it looks like. Bianchi also has something, but is pricey.
gramps