Shoulder Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunboat57":7aincwhm said:
I'm looking to get a shoulder holster to carry either my 7.5" Redhawk or my 7.5" Super Blackhawk when I'm out walking. It would go under coat or jacket. I like the idea of a vertical shoulder holster with an off-side tie down. Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster looks like what I want. And I think I'd need a size 4 based on the description on their website.

Anyone have first hand experience with one of these? I've never used a shoulder holster before but I like the idea of the weight of the revolver pulling up on my belt instead of down. Seems my hips have gotten narrower while my belly got bigger over the last couple decades.

I Like the Uncle Mike Vertical Shoulder Holster beem using it for many years Two trips to Alaska & my trips to Russian Bore hunts behind Walker Hounds.... I carried my Super Blackhawk until I went to Alaska then I switched to the Super Redhawk 454 & it fit just fine in the same hoster. Covered my miles on foot under my coat in alot of rain in Alaska. Great Hoster for the price & has alot of adjustments..

BearBio

Buckeye
I used an Uncle Mike's until my first pig hunt with dogs. Chasing through brush with it made me think I was scratching my armpit all the time.

I use a GI holster (fits a Blackhawk 4 5/8 easily). My long barreled Taurus rides in a Galco (it's a 454 with brake).

You might also want to look at CAS-style (i.e. a Doc Holiday rig). They carry well and some are pretty inexpensive. I use them while fly fishing because they don't interfere with my stroke and fit over waders.