Shoulder Holster - scoped Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
All,

I have recently purchased a Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter. I intend to scope it and use it to deer hunt this season. I would like to find a good shoulder holster for it. I would appreciate any insight and first-hand experience you have on the matter. Let me know what has worked (or not worked) for you.

Thanks,

SR

sixshot

Buckeye
Check out Mike Barranti's website & look at his North West Hunter rig, I've been using two of them for several years & they are amazing! Easy to move around & adjust to fit you, very comfortable, even if you wear them all day long. They work good walking, riding a horse, a 4 wheeler, etc. The shoulder strap is wide & padded, you'll be impressed!

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
I can second sixshot's info on Doc Barranti's leather. I tried on one of sixshot's rigs several years ago,, and had to have one. Doc is one of THE best.
But,, you may have a wait to get a rig.
You may have to use something else this season,, unless he has something already about done etc.

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the input. I bought a holster from Mike several years ago for a Bearcat Shopkeeper, but I hadn't thought of looking at his website for some reason.

SR

Like Contender and Sixshot I use Mikes NW Hunter for my 7 1/2" Scoped bisley 414 supermag. I carried it on my antelope hunt and when it was time to shoot, there the gun was right where I left it when I got out of the truck! Right on my chest!

grobin

Blackhawk
Checkout https://epsaddlery.com/product/doc-holiday-holster/ the tanker may be better than the Doc Holliday given the size.

dad45

Single-Sixer
I have had great luck with holsters from simply rugged, in fact I have used a sourdough pancake with a chesty harnes system for Ruger single actions, this is not exactly a shoulder holster system but places the gun on your chest which works perfect and on his web sight you will find a holster for scoped revolvers. Also Rob will respond to any questions you may have if you email him
Good luck

98Redline

Blackhawk
Ringler Custom Leather Wyoming Combo Holster works well.

I have a SBH Bisley Hunter with an Ultradot Match Dot that rides in mine. The pics on his site make it look much larger than it actually is.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I don't think ElPaso makes or will make a holster for a scoped revolver. I contacted them years ago about the making one.
I've always liked and wanted a 7x for my scoped SRH 454. Just didn't want to spend the money. So I have a cheap nylon uncle mikes. And I don't even use it because the only time I shoot it is off the bench at steel gongs.

I don't know if all these choices were available when I started that kind of carrying. I ended up with a Pistol Packaging Bandalero, and then I called Rudy Lozano at black hills leather and told him what kind of gun I was carrying and how I was doing it, what cant I wanted, and that I wanted snaps on the back to put it on the Bandalero and he worked them up for me and I still have a couple of the holsters. After my move I can't find my Bandalero so may have to order another one, but for carrying a gun when you are riding a 4 wheeler or whatever, it worked great. Didn't have to worry about it pulling my pants down. I've since gone to Diamond D holsters but not sure if they build a holster for a scoped gun, but give Dave a call, I bet he would.