Shoulder holster for LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

greyeyezz

Bearcat
I now the Galco classic light is the best bang for the buck but is there anything cheaper/smaller?

buckaroo

Banned
grey, far to much nonsense for a gun that size. Go to the front pocket with a $7.95 holster from Walmart, lays flat, wear your shirt un-tucked. Good luck to ya and may the the force be with ya.

I now the Galco classic light is the best bang for the buck but is there anything cheaper/smaller?

Comparing dimensions, it looks like an LC9S is slightly smaller than a Makarov, and there are a LOT of surplus Makarov shoulder rigs available - you could try one of those, if you were so inclined. There are currently several for about $11 (plus shipping & fees) on GunBroker, and I'm sure they're available elsewhere also. It might be worth finding an online reference to make sure you're getting the straps right, if you go that route - IIRC, it's not entirely intuitive.

As always, IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

buckaroo

Banned
Dumb Ass.jpg

(gag me with a spoon)

I know you're looking for something a little cheaper than the galco Lite(I don't like the color)but it is certainly a nice, lightweight, very comfortably holster. I love carrying these little guns in a shoulder holster when it's cooler and I'm wearing an outer garment. In this case a glock 42, glock 43 and a s&w shield.
20221107_091929.jpg

Last edited:
Never had the classic light, but have the Jack Ass model in my gear that fits Glocks. Not cheap, I don't want cheap when it comes to holsters. I want the right one for the job and it still works like new 20 years ago. Was worn daily for several years. Nylon are cheap and won't last. Go with a formed holster in leather or maybe plastic if you want one that won't need to be replaced.

If I were still in the working world and had to wear a suit or sport jacket every day, all day, a shoulder rig would make sense, but otherwise I cannot imagine getting one. I wear my shirt out of my pants because it is more comfortable, and at 79 I don't give a rat's ass what other people think. And having the shirt outside allows for easy concealment of an OWB holster, and IWB or even a pocket holster where the bulging pocket is far less noticeable if a shirt is partially covering the pocket itself.

If I were still in the working world and had to wear a suit or sport jacket every day, all day, a shoulder rig would make sense, but otherwise I cannot imagine getting one...

I will note that folks come in a lot of different sizes and shapes. When I was younger, I worked for a tree trimmer; he was in his 50s (WW2 vet), but in pretty good shape physically, and would climb way up in trees & use a chain saw with one hand to cut branches off. He was also proud of the fact that he was still wearing size 32 pants - even though his waist must have been more like 38 inches, and his belly kind of stuck out in front like a reserve parachute. He didn't carry a gun, but if he had, I'm sure a shoulder rig would have been more comfortable than anything else!

As always, IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

harley08

Blackhawk
I know you're looking for something a little cheaper than the galco Lite(I don't like the color)but it is certainly a nice, lightweight, very comfortably holster. I love carrying these little guns in a shoulder holster when it's cooler and I'm wearing an outer garment. In this case a glock 42, glock 43 and a s&w shield.View attachment 8961
If you do not like the color tan, get come some black leather die and die it!

grey, far to much nonsense for a gun that size. Go to the front pocket with a $7.95 holster from Walmart, lays flat, wear your shirt un-tucked. Good luck to ya and may the the force be with ya.
I can wear a Miami Classic under a button up shirt. I just got my Max9 yesterday and I'm designing a holster that can do shoulder, OWB and cargo pocket. I don't know why my pictures won't post!

buckaroo

Banned
You'll find the Max9 is to big for pocket carry, might work in your cargo pants but not as concealable as his LC9s.
But at least you can pretend your a smooth operator uh. :)

You'll find the Max9 is to big for pocket carry, might work in your cargo pants but not as concealable as his LC9s.
But at least you can pretend your a smooth operator uh. :)
Especially with the Crimson Trace mounted. I have a paddle holster being delivered tomorrow. I need to get a piece of leather for the holster I'm making. I have a Kel Tec P11 that I have been carrying since the 90's. I would have spent thousands on the work I did making it functional. I also have a first gen LCP that disappears into most any pocket. It's been a solid and reliable performers from day one. Once I find a heavier striker spring the Max 9 will be the top dog in my daily carry. With the Crimson Trace I would be comfortable taking 75yd shots if I can find a steady support. I was getting 2" at 25yds rested. It opened up to 8"ish offhand as fast as I could aquire the dot. I would need one of my full sized pieces to get close to that

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_111826505.jpg
    IMG_20221130_111826505.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20221130_114018311.jpg
    IMG_20221130_114018311.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

buckaroo

Banned
I'm rolling with a pocket EC9s. I'm strictly a point shooter with handguns, if you can even do 25 yards let alone 75 yards rock on brother.

EC9s.jpg

I'm rolling with a pocket EC9s. I'm strictly a point shooter with handguns, if you can even do 25 yards let alone 75 yards rock on brother.

View attachment 11511
I consider it a minimum standard so I'm not a danger to everyone around me. I start every session on the bench to eliminate the ME variable before any drills. I pretty much do front sight acquisition to 15yds in draw shoot drills. I consider 25yd a minimum in case someone grabs a grandchild and runs. I look at defense like I do hunting. Ethical shots every time. This is my 8"@ 1,000yds handgun.

Attachments

• IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 40

buckaroo

Banned
Hvymax, don't get involved. Especially where you live, you'll get railroaded in the end. And don't call the cops till after you stick something in their hands, if you own a home put it in someone else's name you trust cause if you have to shoot a mamba their family is coming after it. The game is allowing families to sue even in a righteous shoot. They'll get everything you own. They want to put the fear into you ever owning a firearm. It's part of how they get around the 2nd amendment and get the guns out.

Hvymax, don't get involved. Especially where you live, you'll get railroaded in the end. And don't call the cops till after you stick something in their hands, if you own a home put it in someone else's name you trust cause if you have to shoot a mamba their family is coming after it. The game is allowing families to sue even in a righteous shoot. They'll get everything you own. They want to put the fear into you ever owning a firearm. It's part of how they get around the 2nd amendment and get the guns out.
Yeah No good deed goes unpunished. Gotta do what you gotta do. Somebody grabs one of my grands won't be making it far.