Should you stand or sit while reloading?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greebe

Single-Sixer
Standing is the only way to go for me. Sitting kills my back at the reloading bench. My last bench was 38 3/4" to the top. It stayed in Nome, so I am going to build a new one tomorrow with the same dimensions but much longer, 8 ft to be exact. I will post pictures after I get it built and set up.

Greebe

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I sit to reload...unless Sarge the Cat gets in my chair.

Then, if he does, I have to do something else...'cuz we all know you can't move the cat! :lol:

If I get in the chair before he does, I need to stay there, because, even if I just stand up to get something out of the overhead cabinet, he jumps into the chair. Darn cat's been almost squished by my fat azz more than once... :shock:

My bench is higher than desk height, probably more at normal counter height. I use my (MY CHAIR, SARGE! MY CHAIR!!!) office chair.

Aqualung

Greebe

Single-Sixer
I personally use my reload bench for other gun related things. So while it is primarily for reloading, it gets used for gun cleaning, gunsmithing projects, and so forth.

So to me it is also a workbench like you would have in your shop. I never sit and do work in my shop, it is all on my feet. Same goes for the reload bench.

Greebe

Rclark

Hunter
Ya know, personal preferences aside, it really doesn't matter. It's really up to you to decide. A cartridge loaded sitting is going to shoot just as well if loaded standing :D .

Greebe

Single-Sixer
Noooo... All of my cartridges shoot way better when they are loaded while standing. Especially if I turn around in a complete circle before I load each one. :lol:

Pal Val

Buckeye
I say load those cartridges while standing. If you load them sidewise, the gunpowder will spill out. :roll: :roll: :roll:

john guedry

Single-Sixer
I stand but have a tall stool if I decide to sit for a while,but it's mostly a standup thing.

Greebe

Single-Sixer
I guess we are just stand up types of guys.

My mama always said she thought I was a stand up guy. :roll:

Greebe

Vecco

Single-Sixer
I made my bench at standing high, and use a stool to sit on. I like to stand alot when I am working on things. Or dont like sitting and getting up and sitting and getting up.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
I used an old standup height workbench I had in the garage. Using a barstool I sit at just the right height to see into the cases after powder charging.

The idea of standing up to reload... :roll:

Like the man said... you're gonna be spending more time there than ya think... :D