Should I buy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
A co-worker wants to sell a stainless Liberty Super Single Six with a 6 1/2" barrel for $300 (he will not budge). Condition is excellent except it has fake pearl grips. Is this a fair price?

I'm not an expert on pricing these but I think it's a little high...but then it's a co-worker...somebody you know and will be an easy deal so I'd be willing to payat least $50 extra if it was something I wanted.

wwb

Hunter
Regional variation..... don't know about Texas prices, but in Wisconsin, that's a little high for a new model SSS with the Mag cylinder. Without the Mag cylinder, it's WAY too high.

The grips are not that big a deal, as the New Model ain't a collectible.... even the "Liberty", as there were about a bazillion of them produced.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
The mag cylinder is included. Took it out for a test drive today and everything works great. My dilemma is that I currently own 2 old model's. One Super Single Six and one Single Six. Both are exceptional condition and the Super is LNIB (with all paperwork). I'm more into blued guns, but I like the looks of this one with the Liberty roll-mark.

I'm not looking at purchasing for a collectable as I will surely shoot the heck out of this one. I think I will buy it, but will try to get him down another $25 even though I don't think he will take $275.

Can you own too many? 8)

Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts