SHOTS pics of 327's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dougader

Hunter
I agree that the 327 should have been on the Single Six platform. It would have been the logical progression of events, IMO. It started in the SP101, so the SS should have been next.

Let's face it, 32's in the USA just haven't been very successful since the 38 special dominated the police market. But that doesn't mean the 32's aren't great little rounds. I have 357's, but for my wife and daughter (and me too) most of my recreational shooting has been with 32 S&W Long, 32 H&R Mag, and now 327 Federal.

You can get some sweet S&W 32 Long revolvers for not too much cash, just because they aren't as popular. Bullets are cheaper, reloading is cost effective... and you can go from gallery loads to neck shots on deer with the 32's. You can even go with 32-30 if that floats your boat. But I like the straight walled cartridges.

In the last year I picked up 1k pieces of Starline brass in only 2 calibers: 45 Colt, and 32 H&R mag.

Nimrod308

Bearcat
A friend of mine picked up a Blackhawk and a GP100 in .327 yesterday. I fondled them this morning. After handling my .45 Blackhawk the weight difference in the .327 is noticable as should be expected. It seems this thread has turned into a discussion on the .327 cartridge, my friend summed it up pretty well when he said "I just like it"! Good for him.

tek4260

Buckeye
I see there are some for sale here in the Classifieds. Appears 1 has sold. How many 480 Blackhawks would have sold here in the same amount of time! :D Just a thought, but I couldn't resist.

CraigC

Hawkeye
COR":xgr2sbgz said:
When anyone tyries to say "why" about any new product or caliber offering their is no reason to try to explain it. If they look at things from a practical standpoint they didn't need anything beyond the 45 Colt and the 45-70 and a 22LR. We gun nutz don't do this because it's practical, we do it because we love guns and burning gunpowder!

Get over the "why do we need it?", it is not meant to replace your sacred .357's :roll:

This is just a very cool little cartridge. Can't that just be enough? I do have to agree on the Single Six platform but I doubt we will see that from Ruger. That's why custom gunsmiths are available!
Amen brother!!! :D

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Amen +2!!

If you don't like it, just DON'T BUY IT! I don't need to give anyone a reason why I like and buy a gun.

What is all this "What is it for?" stuff anyway? No, I don't NEED it. I don't NEED more than perhaps 1 or 2 guns, if that. It's not about NEED, it's about what I happen to like. (And apparently a LOT of other folks, as well!)

And, yes, ammo IS available; bought 2 boxes of the 100 grain stuff just last week. And so is brass; bought 200 primed cases recently, too.

DogBone

Bearcat
Thanks for the pics.

So, am I the only one that would like to see a LCR in a .327? 8)

MBane666

Bearcat
If I can get the new handgun hunting show off the ground — which looks pretty good right now — we're going to use the .327 Blackhawk on coyotes and later spring turkeys. Just got 500 rounds of brass and some Cast Performance 118-grainers so I can start working the reloads. Maybe we can bring Brother Jeff along if he chips in some of that chain saw hot sauce of his!

Michael B

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
MBane666":veuhgupb said:
If I can get the new handgun hunting show off the ground — which looks pretty good right now — we're going to use the .327 Blackhawk on coyotes and later spring turkeys. Just got 500 rounds of brass and some Cast Performance 118-grainers so I can start working the reloads. Maybe we can bring Brother Jeff along if he chips in some of that chain saw hot sauce of his!

Michael B

Count me in, Michael! I'll bring you a case of Habanero Sauce.

Try a case full of H-110 with those bullets, loaded up to the base with slight compression, and a good roll crimp.

I'm guessing the seven-shot GP-100 and the eight-shot Blackhawk are just sneaky ground-breaking "trial balloons" for the same arrangements in .357 soon to follow.

JMHO

;)

Latest posts