Shotgun Case Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fs-arf

Bearcat
I have a case for a Ruger Gold Label that I was told was purchased from Ruger. Here are a few pics...

[url=http://s809.photobucket.com/user/alan615/media/GB%20Pics/IMG_1140_zps4cyv8ayi.jpg.html][IMG]

[img][url=http://s809.photobucket.com/user/alan615/media/GB%20Pics/IMG_1145_zps9vajro2x.jpg.html][IMG]

[img][url=http://s809.photobucket.com/user/alan615/media/GB%20Pics/IMG_1146_zpsbspbwidv.jpg.html][IMG]

Can anyone verify whether this really is a case sold by Ruger, or whether they think it is from another vendor and someone just added a Ruger patch?

Thanks for your help.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
The patch is an add on. The case looks right, but I don't have mine where I can get at it to compare. Ruger did offer these green canvas cases, with leather trim, for the Gold Labels- and the Red labels.

Dwane

Single-Sixer
You could also buy the exact same case from cabellas it just doesn't have the patch. They were about half the price that Ruger wanted for theirs. Nice cases that function well.
Dwane

pete44ru

Hunter

Nice case !

FWIW

Your pics would display if one of the
units were removed from your pasted direct url(s).

IMG_1145_zps9vajro2x.jpg

fs-arf

Bearcat
Interesting posts. But here is the rest of the story…

I talked with the person who made the case and he told me that he sold 100 of these to the Ruger Custom Shop. After that sale he was unable to get Ruger to buy more cases, and they prohibited him from selling anything with a Ruger logo. So, if that story is accurate there would only be 100 of these around.

What I was hoping for, even though I knew it would be a long shot, was for someone to be able to comment that they had actually purchased one of these from Ruger. A comment like that would have been some proof that the story I got from the manufacturer was accurate.

Thanks for everyone's comments on my question.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Here's one that my wife bought me for Xmas a few years back. She bought it from the factory and had a hard time getting it. As I recall she was told that this was the last one, I know she had to call them several times but they finally found one for her but took several weeks. Price was $299.00, I have seen them sell for over $600.00 on GB when they come up for sale.

As I remember only 200 were made, not sure but that number sticks in my head.

Here's mine, and Welcome to the forum!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
After looking closely at your case vs mine I would say your case is for a RL not a GL.

Note my case's barrel channel it is wider than yours for the barrels to lay flat, where your case has the narrow "tapered" barrel channel for vertical storage and the accessories block lay out is different.

Looks to be the same on the exterior.
Terry

Latest posts