doccash

Buckeye
Here are a few from last weekend, enjoy. Dr.C
IMG_8521.jpg
IMG_8549.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
NICE!
Buck #2 is definately a nice shooter! Isn't it "season" yet???

truncellitoj

Bearcat
should of noticed only one "n" in canon, i had something totally different in mind when i clicked on this, awesome pictures though, what type of animal is that and is the rack really that thick front to back or is that an illusion

doccash

Buckeye
The season opens oct.3 in Texas. The second image is a very large antelope. The first is a good one but I posted it becauseI thought it was a pretty photo. Dr.C

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
If you want to take an antelope, please come to Wyoming! They are destroying my golf game. :D

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
Yes, but unfortunately all the licenses available for hunting on public access are gone. They go like hotcakes!

TDF

Single-Sixer
truncellitoj":fxp6pzyq said:
what type of animal is that

They're Pronhorn Antelope. Only live in western North America. They are the fastest land mammal on earth. A cheetah is quicker over a short distance but a Pronghorn will leave him in the dust if the race has any length at all. They can hit 60mph in a sprint and can maintain 30mph almost indefinitely, plus they have some of the best eyes in the animal kingdom. They're fun to hunt. Technically they're an antelope in name only as they're in reallity a goat. Good eating too. At least all the one's I've been involved with. They came out of winter wheat fields in western Nebraska. I thought they were better eating than deer. Similar to lean beef. I've heard people from farther west claim that they can be pretty gamey though.

TDF

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
My .25-06 mysteriously hums like excalibur whenever I have a picture like these on my computer.

Less of a cannon....more like a laser :)

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Very nice.That number 2 buck IS a hog.I'm not real good at eyeball scoring goats but have measured some.I would think that one would make B+C or at least very close.Nice pictures.thanks for sharing those.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
TDF":2qdr9xff said:
truncellitoj":2qdr9xff said:
what type of animal is that

They're Pronhorn Antelope. Only live in western North America. They are the fastest land mammal on earth. A cheetah is quicker over a short distance but a Pronghorn will leave him in the dust if the race has any length at all. They can hit 60mph in a sprint and can maintain 30mph almost indefinitely, plus they have some of the best eyes in the animal kingdom. They're fun to hunt. Technically they're an antelope in name only as they're in reallity a goat. Good eating too. At least all the one's I've been involved with. They came out of winter wheat fields in western Nebraska. I thought they were better eating than deer. Similar to lean beef. I've heard people from farther west claim that they can be pretty gamey though.

TDF

I read somewhere once that they have eyesight the equivilant of 12X binocular. :shock:

Nice pics!!! I've been 'lope hunting a few times out Wyoming way.

doccash

Buckeye
Thanks for looking, I really enjoy scouting and capturing wildlife w/ my camera. I have a special affinity for the pronghorn antelope. Dr.C

Latest posts