Shot my G2C carry pistol yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hadn't fired it for a while(way too long actually) so ran a magazine through it. Sun was too bright to see the laser even on a shaded target so it was sights only but I wasn't disappointed. Starting at around 25 yards and moving in to 25' I had no misses on the 8" swinger. Even the 'on call' (that's when I tap the swinger at the proper time to either make it swing farther or to stop it ) shots were on target and most were within a hand sized spread in the center of the freshly painted plate.
Not bad for an econo grade compact pistol with a trigger pull like a cap gun and ammo loaded from the cheapest components I could buy 10 years ago.

I think it would be tough to beat from anything on the market dollar for dollar. I've been using both a G2c and the G3c and am extremely happy with them. Not an issue. In fact, I even picked up a G3 (full size) and a GX4. Taurus has had some home runs in my opinion. The range I shoot at has 8" plates at 15 yards very easy to hit and knock down. I like ringing steel. The trigger isn't great if you are standing in a store taking your time, but when you are actually point and shooting you don't notice it at all. The GX4 has a better trigger than the other two, but you get what you get with a striker fired gun.

Yeah, that 'trigger breaks like a glass rod' phrase is NOT part of the G2C. As I told Son when he was asking about why I actually liked the trigger, "Just hold the sights in the middle and haul back on the trigger". Don't worry about when it'll go bang.