Shot my first IDPA match last night.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
How'd I do? :D

IDPA.jpg

IDPAaccurate.jpg

It was such a blast and what a great way to train. Any IDPA shooters on here?

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Hey, I shoot IDPA in Brevard County, FL.

http://www.pmrpcidpa.com

I'm another one of the apparently few shooters who shoots a Ruger SR9 in IDPA.

I've been shooting IDPA fairly regularly for a couple of years now. Great fun, and great practice.

-JT

ConradM

Blackhawk
Grendel":26reuf9a said:
Hey, I shoot IDPA in Brevard County, FL.

http://www.pmrpcidpa.com

I'm another one of the apparently few shooters who shoots a Ruger SR9 in IDPA.

I've been shooting IDPA fairly regularly for a couple of years now. Great fun, and great practice.

-JT

Oh I used my XDm :oops: But I agree, def good practice.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Great shooting Conrad !! Practical shooting is a riot isn't it ?? I just love steel shoots. I'm getting geared up for our local range's 'Tactical Night'. Each Thursday they have different scenarios like shooting from cover, shooting behind/under barricades, shooting in the dark, etc. Can't wait to start doing it.

What, you couldn't beat that CDP/Expert ???? Wussy ....

REV

Mike J

Hunter
Dang Conrad, Looks like you done good. I'd love to try something like that.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Mike J":qefynhow said:
Dang Conrad, Looks like you done good. I'd love to try something like that.

You should! I was nervous but everyone was very friendly and open.

ConradM

Blackhawk
revhigh":3c0ayqwp said:
Great shooting Conrad !! Practical shooting is a riot isn't it ?? I just love steel shoots. I'm getting geared up for our local range's 'Tactical Night'. Each Thursday they have different scenarios like shooting from cover, shooting behind/under barricades, shooting in the dark, etc. Can't wait to start doing it.

What, you couldn't beat that CDP/Expert ???? Wussy ....

REV

Seriously, that guy was GOOOOD..... I made sure to watch everyone of his courses. :lol:

Grendel

Single-Sixer
IDPA is almost criminally fun. Our club has pretty much doubled the amount of monthly shooters since last year, going from 30-40 shooters to about 75 shooters per match. We had to cancel our February match because so many of our safety officers were shooting the state match, so we didn't have enough staying behind to run the large number of shooters we're getting. We're having a safety officer course soon to help take care of that.

Right now, I shoot what I carry, so I carry my SR9 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with a Crossbreed gun belt. It does slow my draws a bit, and I could probably draw much faster with some sort of kydex/plastic OWB rig, but I like practicing with what I use. One day, I'll probably get a dedicated IDPA rig.

IDPA is tremendous fun, and so far, everyone I've shot with has been great. If you haven't been to a match, go. The competitors are open and friendly, eager to share their sport with prospective newcomers. I can almost guarantee after watching the first stage, or just the first couple of shooters in the first stage, you're going to want to join in.

-JT

GaryT

Bearcat
I've shot IDPA, but my work schedule has kept me out of it for about a year...schedule changed this year, so I should be able to get back into it. Last time I shot I used a Sig P239 in .40 S&W. Now I have to decide between my M&P 9 or SR-9...I shoot the M&P better, but don't have enough magazines yet, so I think the SR-9 will get the nod first.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
Great shooting!!!

I have wanted to try it. But I can not anymore. And I don't even know if they do that around me. Do they allow non shooting people to come and watch, since I can't participate? How do you find out where they have these? I know my club doesnt do it.

Thanks,

Bill

Grendel

Single-Sixer
RUGERFAN357":15hbdt4n said:
Great shooting!!!

I have wanted to try it. But I can not anymore. And I don't even know if they do that around me. Do they allow non shooting people to come and watch, since I can't participate? How do you find out where they have these? I know my club doesnt do it.

Thanks,

Bill

I imagine allowing non-participants to watch would depend on the club. I know it's not an issue at our club. The more people who watch, the more who want to join in and shoot.

As to finding clubs, the best bet is the IDPA site. Specifically, this page:

http://idpa.com/clublist.asp?pick=PA

-JT

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. There are not any close to me. But that is OK. Since I cant participate anyways. I did look on youtube and watched a video. Does look cool and a lot of fun.

Bill

stevefishes

Bearcat
I've shot in one last month. I didn't do that well, Nice run Conrad. The club I go to has a match every first Saturday of each month. It is fun!