shot 3 new revolvers today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KCUB

Bearcat
Well I went and shot 3 new (to me) revolvers today and had way lots of fun!

Guns du jour were a used Navy Arms .44 Russian, a new Uberti 5" nickel & pearl Schofield, and a used polished Ruger SP101.

Those .44 Russians have darn little recoil in the Navy Arms Russian; about like the .38 specials out of the Schofield.

I bought a case of peach Fresca at the grocery store which turned out to suck. But that turned out to be a good thing today because I shook 'em up and blasted them all to smithereens.

Now the .44 Russian and the .38 specials did just fine against the miscreant Frescas but NOTHING like my pocket Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. The .357 dramatically turned the Frescas into flat inside out sheets of aluminum. That's my new concealed carry gun now, I never thought I'd find a trump to my Kahr PM9.

The Russians sights are not nearly as good as the Schofield's, but I still love the gun. All 3 shot very close to point of aim which was a pleasant discovery. The Schofield was about an inch low with 130 grain metal case which should put it dead on with heavier 158 grain ammo.

What an awesome Saturday afternoon, enjoying the bluebonnets and shooting some right excellent revolvers!

:D

mattsbox99

Hunter
I picked up a 98% S&W 64 thursday and got to shoot it yesterday, my only complaint is that I ran out of 38 special ammo too soon.

Those Rodent Frescas really paid the ultimate price with that SP101!

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
KCUB":15xc5c70 said:
What an awesome Saturday afternoon, enjoying the bluebonnets and shooting some right excellent revolvers! :D

Bluebonnets, eh? Sounds like we've got a Texan on our hands!