Shorty Redhawk Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

adam12

Single-Sixer
I'm right handed. I've got a great Thad Rybka cross-draw holster for my special run 5 1/2" Bisley .44mag and .45 conv. (I'm also waiting on a Barranti #5 for these)

I very recently got a 4.2" Redhawk in .45 Colt. I'm ditching the Hogues and putting on the right stocks asap. The gun is a great size, but I'm at a loss for carrying it. The barrel seems too short for a smooth cross-draw (if that makes any sense) so I'm leaning toward a strong side carry but, again, have reservations about carrying it that way as well. It's crazy; I love the size, but it seems to present a problem for carry. Maybe once these stupid massive Hogues are gone the profile of the gun will be easier to envision a holster for it.

Any hints, help, experience out there?

Frizzman

Bearcat
A good friend gave me a Simply Rugged Sourdough holster for a new Ruger 4"Redhawk .44...It included their Chesty Puller harness to convert the belt holster to a chest rig...I find it works well for stong side and crossdraw on a good belt and in the chest rig...I did't get the RH for concealed carry but it could be done without any problem if desired.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
I went the Sourdough also , used it for awhile then ordered the holster from Rugers website. It fits well , made very well , and is priced well ( thats my opinion ). Cant remember who made it but it is a quality holster.

regards , brushunter

glw3151

Bearcat
Another vote for Simply Rugged. I have their sourdough pancake cross draw with cartridge loops for my 4.2" Redhawk. I have one for my 4" GP 100 too. I find them to be comfortable with great weapon retention and accessibility.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I like the triple k leather holster for my 4.2" redhawk. I have several of their revolver holsters and they are very nice and well priced.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I have limited experience with Galco DAO194 purchased for my own RH 5026 but will say that fit to holster is great as well as overall build quality. Mine rides with me on weekly jeep club trail runs, pressed between jeep center console and passenger seat where its readily available while protecting the RH. I'd wear it on my hip but "rock 'n roll" trail action takes a toll with bruises with such a hunk strapped on.
http://www.galcogunleather.com/dao_8_4_1073.html

TheDude

Single-Sixer
I have a pancake style holster that works fine for belt carry with my 4" Redhawk (44mag) however, for my needs, the nylon chest rig on Rugers site is the absolute best for carry while fishing or in the woods. I can carry all day long and forget its even there. I guess it depends on your needs.

Have a look here:

http://shopruger.com/Double-Action-Revolvers/products/5251/

41manor44

Single-Sixer
There's a holster maker out of MT that builds mainly Ruger holsters. He's a one man shop and the holster's he makes are built to last for years to come. He only does one at a time and they won't cost you an arm and leg. You can take a look at his stuff on facebook
trailmaster.....or an email: [email protected] and he'll email you one of his catalogs. Easy person to do business with.

Here are two 4.2" he's done for me.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I have a Galco #GB19WC DA0194 It fits my 4" Redhawk .45, my S&W 627 and a S&W Mod 29

http://www.galcogunleather.com/dao_8_4_1073.html