Short-barrelled SBH Hunter?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

maxpress

Buckeye
about any smith could take the barrel clear back to the ejector rod housing and remount the front sight which should make it a 4 5/8ish.
the problem is going to be finding a scope that sets back far enough so that the muzzle blast dosnt fuss it up even at 6". although a red dot would do well.
if your not going to use a scope then i would just buy/trade for a super in the legnth you want.

Mark McWillis

Bearcat
Was it this pic? If so, it's my gun and the barrel is 5.5".

SS-bisley-hunter-5-web.jpg

s4s4u

Hunter
Mark McWillis":5c1xvye4 said:
QB, No, I did this one for myself but I don't have any interest in doing them on a professional basis.

I love that. Who can do it, to my 41 mag?

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Mark McWillis":1t45j3l4 said:
Was it this pic? If so, it's my gun and the barrel is 5.5".

SS-bisley-hunter-5-web.jpg

Actually, that's not the one I recall seeing. The one I'm referring to had a barrel a shade longer than the ERH and the pic was taken with the gun posed like it was pointing over my right shoulder when looking at the picture.
That said, yours looks REALLY awesome. I'd have to keep mine at 6" or so due to hunting regs, but I really like the looks of yours better. Thanks for sharing it and if you don't mind, I'd like to keep a copy of this on file. That's one of the coolest looking guns I've ever seen.

s4s4u

Hunter
I'd have to keep mine at 6" or so due to hunting regs

Man that sucks, you gotta get that law changed. I don't know why some of these agencies continue to measure single shot and semi-auto handguns from the rear of the cartrige and revolvers from the front.