Shiny Standards

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I believe these are all the stainless 4 3/4" standard barrel pistols Ruger made.

Column 1: "1 of 5,000" MKI series, Mark II, Mark II "1 of 1,000"

Column 2: 22/45, Mark III

If anyone knows of any other stainless 4 3/4" standards, please let me know.

JMKADVUl.jpg

I still have to add the stainless MKII and MKIII 6" barrel models to get all the standards.

Never heard of it. Do you have more details? Was it a catalog item?
It is the same RST-4S first stainless 22 pistol as the Signature series. Identical in every way except for the addition of the "CAL FREEDOM 82" rollmark at the top of the receiver. Barrel is even marked "1 OF 5000" of the signature series even though there are only 26 CAL models.

A nice collectible on its own, but definitely not necessary for your fine collection, IMHO.

It is the same RST-4S first stainless 22 pistol as the Signature series. Identical in every way except for the addition of the "CAL FREEDOM 82" rollmark at the top of the receiver. Barrel is even marked "1 OF 5000" of the signature series even though there are only 26 CAL models.

A nice collectible on its own, but definitely not necessary for your fine collection, IMHO.
I agree it's not necessary, but if I every have the opportunity (and can afford it), I'll add it.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
In all my years of collecting the auto's out of the 26 Cal. Freedom guns I know where 6 of the guns are. Steve Vogal donated one to a museum and the other 5 are in private collections. I am fortunate to have 2 in my collection. Personally with your collection it would be a necessary addition because it is a variation. Another variation would be how the signature pistol was packaged. In the beginning those guns did not sell well. Many guns sat in a warehouse for over a decade before being sent to a distributor those have a greenish lable with a bar code.yet another variation in my opinion.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I've got a friend who bought one of the California Freedoms on Proxibid bid a few months back. They had it in a two gun package and was not listed properly. I think he stole it. It was the first one I had ever seen for sale.

awp101

Single-Sixer
TX, home of DeeDee Snavely's Used Guns and Weapons
Nice collection! I never really knew those were a thing until now.

I guess they never got enough requests for stainless standards or the ones they made were slow movers?

Considering stainless is the new standard (so to speak), I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any stainless MKIVs.

Nice collection! I never really knew those were a thing until now.

I guess they never got enough requests for stainless standards or the ones they made were slow movers?

Considering stainless is the new standard (so to speak), I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any stainless MKIVs.
Yep, no Mark IV stainless Standards, just Target, Hunter, and Competition models.

Latest posts