SFAR debris in fire pin chamber

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I don't wish to seem growly but if the BCG wasn't disassembled and various parts lubed with appropriate slickery stuff, it wasn't 'lubed'. I really am trying to sort out/solve your issues.
I assemble AR platform firearms to meet specific customer requests/needs so I get to handle lots of these. The primary issue I find is people believe all the stories brought back from 'the sandbox' by military users. Different environment, different use parameters, different logic vs the civilian recreational user.

Skankyfrankie

Bearcat
The stag arms BCG was lubed with Lucas gun lube and tiny bit of gun grease on bottom of BC. Mag pul says hand cycle full mag. If it works it's not the mag. That's easy to try. Relubing the BCG will happen after that and if it didn't hand cycle the first time I'll try it again. I get it more lube but I know it was lubed and it fires several brands of plastic mags just not the gen3.

krw

Blackhawk
It was good advice to run any new AR wet. It can start a big good bad discussion but I prefer wet. I have a pile of AR's and accy's. I also exclusively use 10 an 20rd mags. I love the straight alum 20's. Also in AR's you get what you pay for. I have never been around Ruger SFAR so I don't have an opinion on those. But any AR10 platform is a different beast vs milspec 15 platforms

Skankyfrankie

Bearcat
The ruger SFAR is running fine now that the brass debri is out from the firing pin. The Stag arms 5.56 is the one not feeding the pmag gen3. Same mags work in the Christensen arms 5five6 wylde. All three are new less than 100 rds. Each.

" The Stag arms 5.56 is the one not feeding the pmag gen3. "
Anytime I hear someone say this, I'm forced to ask: Can you describe the problem? The most frequent cause is gas related. Even though the gun cycles OK with this mag or that one doesn't mean it's functioning CORRECTLY with any of the mags. Correct function isn't really displayed while firing with ammo in the magazine. Recently, I had an AR that functioned fine with older well used magazines but failed to feed properly with new mags and only achieved bolt lock on empty mag with one old mag. The reason had nothing to do with the mags. The primary reason for the malfunctions turned out to be gas related--gas block mis-aligned due to an incorrectly located gas block dimple. This was fixed and the rifle now functions 100% with any/all magazines tried.