Set JJ Watt free! and other NFL Wk 5 Stuff

Help Support Ruger Forum:

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Watched the pre game show then went to bed. I'm an early riser
Mon & Thurs, nite games I do not watch unless the Pats are playing. ps

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
That was a pretty good game. That last pass by Hoyer was ill advised. They were in 4-down territory and really had a chance to score.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
TitanX said:
Jimbo357mag said:
That was a pretty good game. That last pass by Hoyer was ill advised. They were in 4-down territory and really had a chance to score.

He played very well, up to that point. His drive in the last minutes of the first half with no time outs, was spectacular.

It's amazing though, that we're into week 5 though, and they're still playing musical quarterbacks.

It's got to be incredibly frustrating to be a Texans fan.
Could be worse. The Dolphins (I had hopes this year) are playing musical coaches. The team fired head coach Joe Philbin on Monday and also got rid of defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle on Thursday. They are the first NFL head coach and defensive coordinator to lose their jobs this season. :?

SAJohn

Hunter
Jim Plunkett is another example of a great QB with most of his career wasted by being stuck on a crummy team.

wolfsong

Staff member
TitanX said:
SAJohn said:
Jim Plunkett is another example of a great QB with most of his career wasted by being stuck on a crummy team.

Agreed. Lots of high draft picks and other talented players rotted on the vine under Al Davis and family.
Plunkett had his best seasons as a pro while playing for Davis. Two Super Bowl wins with the Raiders. He languished in Boston/New England and San Francisco prior his tenure with Oakland.

Davis resurrected Plunkett's career after he played for two mediocre teams with horrible offensive lines in Boston/New England and San Francisco.

wolfsong

Staff member
While Davis was in possession of his faculties, he "rescued" many seemingly washed up players from the trash heap and gave them another chance. Many, many times he was successful in building winning teams with these reclaimed players added to a mixture of youth and athleticism.

In the later years of his tenure, not so much. The dynamics of the game changed and he couldn't or wouldn't keep up with those changes. The league and the athletes left him behind.

"Just win, baby."

"Commitment to Excellence."

"Pride and Poise."

Oh, to be able to utter those iconic phrases again. Instead, we Raider fans are simply left with "We suck."

wolfsong

Staff member
I don't like it one bit, but I understand the business of it. They will still and always be my Raiders regardless.