Serial Number 3 needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bisley32

Single-Sixer
When Davidsons announced they were doing a limited run of Winchester 71's in standard or Deluxe, I called my dealer immediately and ordered a Deluxe. He called a couple times saying he could get a standard. I said no, its a deluxe or nothing. He finally called and said he had one for me. Imagine my surprise when I picked it up and checked the serial #.

The single nine I picked up from one of the great forum members. We were talking another gun deal at the time. Knowing I like low numbers he mentioned this. After a little good negotiating, it was mine! A special thanks to that member!

Now I need a serial #3 to complete a trio.

radicalrod

Hunter
Well when you get #3......I have a #4 gun that might work to keep the string alive....

Well I think you need to find the #3 NUMBER 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be KOOL....RR

chet15

Hawkeye
A great gun! Those don't come along very often.
Was a time when that low serial numbered stuff would go to "subscribers" which made it easy for Ruger to sell at least a few hundred guns right off the top. But now all those early numbers go to regular distribution and I'd bet 99% of the people who buy them don't even know their significance, let alone look at the serial number. They're probably all getting the heck shot out of them.
Oh well! That's one segment of Ruger's sales practices that I still find tough to chew. The folks at Ruger probably think that somehow they're "getting back" at the collector segment, but to be honest why would anybody buy a spare gun with a low one, two or three digit serial number when the populace has no idea this stuff is even out there? Would just make it that much easier to reach their sales goals, 2 million guns this year for example.
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I was not a number holder but it was sad to hear they stopped the program......

Though it does give the regular guys a chance at the really low numbered guns....

Even though most don't even notice such things...RR

bisley32

Single-Sixer
I like you guys thinking. A #3 serial number 3 would be just the ticket! I would like to find something with serial number 3. Would prefer a Ruger of some type, but would consider almost any name brand. RR, there is a problem with your serial number 4. I have a couple of number 9 guns. You know what that would turn into! Would be fun trying though. :D :D :D :D
PS
It is my understanding the original owner had no idea of the serial number.

contender

Ruger Guru
Hey, RR knows he can match you in numbers in sequence. I've seen some of his stuff, and his numbers collection is stunning. Can we say 5 in a row?

contender

Ruger Guru
Man,,, that's just cold. Posting a pic of a Colt, serial number 3, to show a guy you sold one,,, is cold. He could have had a trifecta of Ruger, Winchester & Colt there.

yeah, I know, sorry, a day late and a dollar ( ha MANY dollars) short...........
aside from that many years ago early 1970s, at a small gun show in Brecksville,Ohio at their local PD gun show, believe it was at the Vo-Tech Center, a guy came in with Colt revolving rifle,serial number #3 ,yes, serial number #3 and he wanted $1400 for it, and no one bought it, he left with it,,,,,,,,,,, :( :( :(

Latest posts