Sellier & Bellot ammo at Cabelas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aramp78

Bearcat
I see that Cabelas has Sellier & Bellot 124g FMJ ammo for $11.99/box. This is marked as "police training" ammo. Any feedback on Sellier & Bellot in general and this particular ammo. I am new to 9mm handgun and have only fired PMC, Winchester white box and Remington UMC.

This is a good price on the Sellier and Bellot.

From the prices around here, now, the price you've seen for S&B is pretty ballpark for the cheap Win or Rem ammo.

S&B? Any and all that I've shot, shoots just as perfectly as any other decent ammo.

WAYNO.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Yep, its good ammo, some of it was berdan primed, even the stuff in brass cases. I don't know if they have switched to boxer primers or not like CCI and Wolf, but check if you plan on reloading the cases.

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I couldn't find any 7.62x25 brass for a long time and finally bought a couple boxes of the S&B all of it was reloadable and never had a problem with it. Steve

BluedMoon

Bearcat
I've had no problems with S&B in 38 Special and 357.

FWIW - If you have an Academy Sports in your area, they've got Monarch 9mm for $7.99 per box (50) this week. It's the best price I've seen on plinking ammo in a *long* time.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I've never shot any new S&B 9mm. I've heard from some that it's loaded a bit "warm" by US standards, but I can't verify.

OTOH, I've scrounged and loaded many S&B nines. All were boxer primed. Only thing to be careful of is the primer pockets are usually tighter than other brands, so more effort's required to reprime...

Overall, it's been good to me!

Rick C

badchris

Bearcat
I've used S&B handgun caliber ammo in wheel guns, lever guns, and semi autos. All have functioned excellent. Accuracy has not been an issue. Overall a quality product, IMO.
Can't comment on the reloading aspect.
Hope it helps!

aramp78

Bearcat
Thanks for all the comments. Sounds like S&B is some pretty good stuff. I have 600 rounds in 9mm on the way so I hope so.

Have a great New Year.

My experience with their handgun ammo is that it is OK but not great as would be expected from low priced stuff. I tried some in 243 Win and it showed poor accuracy and seemed way too hot in the Savage I was shooting. Sticky bolt lift. Tried some in another rifle and accuracy was just as poor but it didn't have to be pounded open. I'll use Fiochi instead.

aramp78

Bearcat
I got this ammo very promptly and shot 50 rounds yesterday. If functioned well and shot about as accurate as the WWB 115g. The S&B was 124 grain FMJ.

Thanks for all the comments.

GP100man

Buckeye
The S&B 357 brass i have is excellent , it has the lowest spread of any brass I have , tellin me that case neck tension is consistent even after 3 loadins on "once fired" brass.

rugeraddict

Bearcat
Rick Courtright":2r0q24fc said:
Hi,

OTOH, I've scrounged and loaded many S&B nines. All were boxer primed. Only thing to be careful of is the primer pockets are usually tighter than other brands, so more effort's required to reprime...

Overall, it's been good to me!

Rick C

I agree- S&B 9mm cases that I have reloaded did have snug primer pockets.
S&B is probably the world's oldest ammunition company, and their ammo is very high quality.

rockman

Bearcat
I got a couple of boxes of 38 round nose and several rounds were loose with no powder. Called customer service in Kansas and they shipped UPS labels to return them with a replacement box. Other than that, ammo shoots well.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
It's the only 8mm Mauser I can find. Shoots fine in my gun. I'm saving the brass to reload so I don't need to search for ammo in the future. You would think with all the dang 8mm that Mitchell has sold in the last few years there would be more ammo out there! :shock:

Latest posts