Sell or keep?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Maybe you can get a .45 barrel and drop it in to make a "convertible"
That was a thought of mine also. However, the frame is made that it does not have the feed ramp built in like a typical 1911. In this model, the feed ramp is part of the barrel and the frame has a cut out milled into it that the feed ramp portion of the barrel goes into that slot. Otherwise, a slight modification to the ejection port would be all that is needed to make it a "convertible".

Ethang

Blackhawk
If it were me , every time I fired it I'd feel like it should be a .45

There are so many awesome choices for 9mm pistols......CZ75s, Hi Powers, Beretta 92's, S&W 5906's, etc

Maybe you can get a .45 barrel and drop it in to make a "convertible"
As long as it identifies as a 45 it is one... .isn't that how things work now?

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I just bought ammo today.....with 9mm vs .45 ACP, you may be better off with the 9mm :)
Who cares what other people think, no one at the range is going to care that your 1911 is a 9mm

Didn't know what section to put it in but it is a picture so I put it here:

Kimber Stainless II, 9mm (9 round capacity). I took this in a trade for a AR-15 but don't know if I want to keep it or sell it. I love the 1911 platform - how it feels, the balance in my hands, the look, and the weight doesn't bother me.

What say y'all? keep or sell.
How do you shoot that gun? My Les Baer 9mm Custom Carry II is a laser beam. It may be my most accurate 1911. Despite the naysayers, 9mm in an all steel 1911 is a fantastic combination. If you shoot it well, keep it. If not, sell it.

Tom in Ohio

Bearcat
Steel 9mm 1911s are good for competitive shooting, so you could get someone to buy it pretty quickly. I love 1911s, but I'm only interested in Colts and customs. Anything else, I just use to trade up.