Self defense pencils from VZ Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I’ve always been curious about the G10 pencils that VZ Grips makes. I’ve got some of their grips and they are pretty nice.

I saw that they now sell some of their stuff on Amazon. For me, it’s easier to order things on Amazon, which is what I did.

It’s fairly heavy for It’s size. I don’t know that I would want to try and sneak one through airport security.

Im not really sure what their purpose is to be honest. Does anyone else have an opinion?

92D0E2B3 9A6F 4E63 ABC1 9BF388769200

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
You’d be amazed what you can do with a ballpoint pen. I have a very nice filigreed gold colored pen. A tad larger in diameter than some.

Never even had TSA look twice.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
It would be my luck in a scuffle I would grab the wrong end and stab myself in the hand. 👽

I might keep this in my car, but honestly if a situation came up where I needed it, I doubt I would even find it, or remember that I have it in the car.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
I might keep this in my car, but honestly if a situation came up where I needed it, I doubt I would even find it, or remember that I have it in the car.
If nothing else it will help break a window if you go underwater. ;)

pyth0n

Blackhawk
I keep a BIC STICK handy. I think better than John Wicks #2 pencil.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
If nothing else it will help break a window if you go underwater. ;)
I don't think a pencil is going to break a car window. I keep a steel center punch in the center console. I know that will break a window.

beentheredone

Bearcat
I can tell you from much experience, a REAL pencil NEVER raises eyebrows in airports, and works quite well as a weapon if you have a bit of imagination and just a dash of aggressiveness in you. Cheap, and available everywhere...

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Probably won't be long before the TSA catches on. They don't allow "tactical" pens. This will likely fall into the same category. A good old cheap disposable ball point will do just fine.

Latest posts